Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eek

Post your support for FS9 here please?

Hi, I plan on a new PC in Sept, and I do have FSX, but put it up until I can run it as well as FS9. I am going to buy only for FS9 for now. BobPS, I hope FSX can get it together.

>I'll chip in for FS9.>>While I'm still buying add-ons for FS9 at a constant rate - I>just bought the Shockwave Spitfire MKI (Nice!) - it will be a>long, long time before I buy any add-ons for FSX. I have no>confidence that I will get decent performance in FSX with any>add-ons.>As someone else said, I'm also buying about 50/50 for addons between FS9 & FSX these days, and the developers may just as well produce for both!:D But speaking of the Shockwave Spitfire; you should see it in the FSX version, since the program comes with both versions to start with. FSX uses bump mapping which changes the textures on the wings to where the rivet detail and panel lines look far more realistic. The cockpit textures are more crisp, but best of all, FSX has that built in three dimensional cockpit movement like RealAir included with their airplanes for FS9. Where the FS9 version just remains static, the FSX version is very much like being in a moving cockpit where everything doesn't appear to remain solidly still while the outside view passed by. Some addons for FS9 do the same thing, such as the RealAir's I mentioned and the Digital Aviations Dornier Do-27. FSX just builds it in to start with. BTW- the Spit is also frame rate friendly in FSX. :D

Well, by just introducing our Fokker-F28 for FS9, we have shown our commitment to FS9 :-)..Cheers, Rob Barendregt.

Guest blaster331

I hope the Captains at PMDG are reading this thread. I'm FS9 all the way!Best regardsAndrewDamascus Pa

>Lou wrote: "I think that in time FSX will become the sim of choice, and most developers will eventually move over to it exclusively."First, we agree with Lou on this point. FSX still has a ways to go and we hope the upcoming FSX SP1 will improve the product so that folks can enjoy it for what it is. A sim with great potential.Second, no need for a plea to Eaglesoft to continue support of FS9.We announced prior to FSX release that we would continue to build and support FS9 products for 18 to 24 months, then take a look at the state of the hobby and decide what direction is best at that time.Third, consider the fact that developers must now build for two different Sim Versions and charge accordingly, leaving consumers to make a purchase decision of which version they wish to own.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Hi.We at TropicalSim are completely dedicate to both sims.FSX was a nice chance to achieve a new standard on our sceneries, working with new tools and technics.We have already produced and released seven native FSX sceneries making them also full FS9 compatibles.There is no way to update a FS9 scenery to make it compatible to FSX, but the opposite is pretty easy and simple, and that's what we are doing here.Each one of these sceneries goes to the users with two independent installers: one for FS9 and another to FSX. No matter if one uses one sim or another or even both like me, two installers are provided for them all.Our users are reporting satisfaction about this policy we have adopted, so we will keep ourselves on this track for the time we see it's good for them.We are about to release our 8th (Salvador/SBSV) and 9th (Rio's Gale

I don't consider FSX a game. If you do then FS9 is also a game. I still support FS9. I just bought FSUIPC although I don't know why. I hope to soon network my computers. I just bought a 3rd monitor just for that purpose. For FS9 though not FSX. WideFS is on the horison for me.JimCYWG

FS9 is still the platform of choice for me. I think I bought more FS9 add-ons after FS10 came out (scenery, terrain texture, a/c), after seeing for myself how the new version performed on my box.FS10 bush flying is fine, but when the awful default 737 has a hard time running around KSEA with equivalent scenery complexity and quality as FS9, it took away from the sim (even after the autogen shrinks and hours tweaking). It came off the HDD and gave back a lot of space for more FS9 add-ons.Been doing this FS thing since the beginning of FS on the PC, this is the first time I deleted the newest version of FS after its launch. Perhaps SP1 will improve its performance and provide HW scalability compatible with the multi-core roadmap, but that's still in the future. In the mean time, I continue to enjoy FS9 and all the cool add-on on the market (and coming onto the market).PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest PARADISE

The best way to show support of the payware developers is to continue buying their products. They, like anyone else that's in business, are going to go where the money is. If the add-ons are still raking in the "moolah" then they will continue with their efforts for FS9. However, if (and yes I still feel it's an "if") FSX takes off then you're going to see them concentrate mostly on add-ons for this new sim.Personally I hope FSX does well because, I don't know about you all, but I feel the latest FS9 add-ons are a little "stale" ( same old same old). For example, how many Airbuses do we really need? I think that with FSX the developers can be a little more innovative.This is just my opinion, mind you, please do not misconstrue this as me wanting to start a "rant".....we have had enough of them lately.John M

Hey Dave; FS10 prompted me to upgrade the hardware: I did, and now I can fly FS9 at 40 fps, everything full. There's nothing like a flight with the DF 727/FS Pax/FS Nav, starting from FlyTampa's KSEA going down to FT San Diego, stopping off at FlightScenery's Portland, Cloud9's LAX, FT's San Fancisco - all enveloped in FS Genesis's mesh and LC, UT USA and the sandwich patch, GE Pro and ASv6. It is a truly remarkable experience. I started this hobby in '86 on an cga monitor with no clue that this simulator would be what FS9 is today. I have spent around 500 on addons this past three months alone; (picked up that Spit a week or two ago). This kind of experience isn't going to be there for at least a year or two more with 10 - and even then I'm not sure that the plethora of addons that we enjoy now are going to be available for 10. I would like to see - and will absolutely support further FS9 development - particularly along the lines of the Flight Scenery packages (I have both), as they provide reality and uniqueness to a whole area - not just the airport. Exploring Rhode Island as it exists in real life is exiting. Same with Portland. We don't have that in FS10 - and may not for a long time. Seattle" Wow! What a super, interesting landscape! Look at the number of people flying in that Pacific NorthWest. Look at the area of Southern California. Chimo, Van Nuys, that whole area is just waiting to be "developed"! The West Indies! The Bahamas! There's a world out there. FSX? Naah. The surface of FS9's world has only just been scratched, and because of the newer hardware - it's likely got at least another three, four or maybe more years of good healthy after-market sales. :-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I will continue to use FS9 exclusively and I for one am hopeful that the developers will continue to support FS9 for some time.I absolutely mean no disrespect whatsoever to the good folks over at ACES, but I personally have found some of their more subtle changes with Flight Simulator (within FSX) to be completely unacceptable to me and I have permanently removed FSX from my system and will never reinstall it. So, it appears that FS9 will, in all likelihood, be the very last version of Flight Simulator I will ever install.Steve (Bear) Cartwright

FS9 for life. I am skipping FSX altogether unless a miracle occurs.