Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eek

Post your support for FS9 here please?

Not a bad response to your thread Dave.JimCYWG

Hi there,whoa, looks like I hit a nerve there, he he.Sorry, I just post my thoughts based on *my* knowledge and experience; can't please everyone all of the time. I may very well be wrong in my assessments. In fact, I hope to be wrong and that there will be lots of new airport add-ons for both FS9 and FSX.Not sure where you got that "in the camp..." idea from - maybe check your own closet? ;-)Cheers, Holger

.>Fair enough.>>Not sure where your home town is.>MannyThanks for your recommendations. I will certainly check these out. I am in New Zealand and am using some excellent freeware NZ scenery but I know there is also some good payware stuff available. I also spend time in British Columbia, the U.K (as I am a Brit) and Switzerland is of course a great place to fly. Not to mention the Active Sky and Ground Environment packages that get mentioned all the time and which I have not seen or tried. Going to be a busy Trevorbee. Take care and thanks again.

"Dillon's diatribe" :-lol You know what Mike I was reading a certain Aces member's blog about the upcoming FSX service pak... It sound pretty good if they pull it off. Their big focus is on the sim's performance. I saw dusk/dawn lighting was addressed among other things. So all in all the patch may finally send FSX on it's way to being what FS9 is today. It's still sad things like yaw damper do absolutely nothing in the sim. Water landings and icing have not improved since FS2k2. But if the sim finally works and has been refined to take advantage of things like Dual Core technology (well at least perform better on those machines), then I'll be in the camp to embrace FSX (to a certain extent).I will say this has to be the last version we tolerate as a community that doesn't address simple things like a more refined AI/ATC engine, holding patterns, icing conditions, and of all things yaw damper (why keep adding the switch if it does nothing)... If another version rolls around without these glaring oversites addressed Aces would do well to hand up the 'As Real As it Get's' slogan and port the 'game' over to XBOX (instant gaming market, no hardware concerns, and no add-on community to appease). I often wondered how Flight Simulator would fare without the wonderful add-ons that take the sim to another level. I for one would get bored within the first hour flying around with nothing but default hardware. Some of you guys don't seem to mind though...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I will continue to support FS9.The future is FSX though. Once people's hardware gets up to speed and DX10 is released, I think then people will make the move, in much the same way as most people with make the move to Vista once they update their computer or when SP1 comes out.Right now, FS9 with all the addons in my view is generally better than FSX out of the box. Of course, to be fair to FSX, it's not fair to compare custom scenery with default scenery, but I think you all know what I mean.-Bryan

Guest VetJet

Count me in!!! I went to Fry's last week and they had a $4,500 computer set up with the LATEST hardware, an amazing machine! They had FSX running on it with the CH yoke and rudder pedals, FS juice up. So I get on it, and on this almost 5K machine, FSX ran like a SLIDE SHOW. Horrid FPS. I think this is ridiculous. I am sticking with FS9 for a long timeWhadzen

>>I will say this has to be the last version we tolerate as a>community that doesn't address simple things like a more>refined AI/ATC engine, holding patterns, icing conditions, and>of all things yaw damper (why keep adding the switch if it>does nothing)... Does your community wear white bed sheets with slots in the hood for eyes? I seem to visualize this, more often than not, lately...Personally, I want nothing to do with this type of so-called community.Geeze Dillion, I could go after a simple GA aircraft, and make hundreds of threatening requests as to why some system isn't modeled or works as in real life. You're doing the same thing here, using specific examples in place of a burning cross. You've threatened several "different" developers, ACES, and who's next; over a piece of rather cheap "hobby" software. You've ignored all positives, as many seem to be doing, and always use your laundry list of negatives. But you'll have your defenders though. Just have them put on the sheets first.L.Adamson --- I tend to see the positives, which usually outweigh the negatives.

I have to agree, this is starting to go a bit over the top.Quick question tho...Does anyone on either side of this "argument" actually believe you're gonna convince those you're arguing with to see it "your way" ? A couple of you, have been having the same argument, with each other, for going on 6 months now !Or is it just a bunch of sabre-rattling ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

>I have to agree, this is starting to go a bit over the top.>>Quick question tho...>>Does anyone on either side of this "argument" actually believe>you're gonna convince those you're arguing with to see it>"your way" ? A couple of you, have been having the same>argument, with each other, for going on 6 months now !>>Or is it just a bunch of sabre-rattling ?I've been using FS9 and FSX on my new CPU from day one. I've beta tested several versions of MSFS, numerous third party addon's, and have purchased many addons for both FS9 & FSX. Have been doing this as a sideline hobby since the invention of desktop flight simming.However, I'm now labeled as an FSX a really excited user, and told to stay on the "other side of the fence" because I've seen some very positive aspects in FSX that I enjoy. Personally, I say use "both", if your CPU will run them. If you don't care to run FSX, or have never installed it, then why jump on the "FS9 is better" bandwagon, as though you're now some part of an elite club. I don't think there is anything elite about this so called "FS9 -- only" community........ period. It's a real embarrassment to the hobby, which flight simulation still is. It appears that "some" believe it's much more than that.L.Adamson

Larry,"I've been using FS9 and FSX on my new CPU from day one. I've beta tested several versions of MSFS, numerous third party addon's, and have purchased many addons for both FS9 & FSX. Have been doing this as a sideline hobby since the invention of desktop flight simming.However, I'm now labeled as an FSX a really excited user, and told to stay on the "other side of the fence" because I've seen some very positive aspects in FSX that I enjoy."That's all well and good, but with all due respect, does not answer the question.I, for one, most certainly DO NOT begrudge you your enjoyment of FSX, but you cannot point the finger at Dillon without pointing it right back at yourself, at least to some extent. Again, with all due respect, you are one of the few that jumps into this argument at every chance, you must see that you have some role in perpetuating it then ? The entire horse has turned to glue at this point.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest Water Mango

"Does your community wear white bed sheets with slots in the hood for eyes? I seem to visualize this, more often than not, lately...""Geeze Dillion, I could go after a simple GA aircraft, and make hundreds of threatening requests as to why some system isn't modeled or works as in real life. You're doing the same thing here, using specific examples in place of a burning cross."Larry now your pulling crap out the air... You can't refute Dillon's case as to what shouldn't be lacking in the new version of Flight Simulator at this point so you pull

Guest LeeWang

I been flight simming since '95. It appears I will be grounded with FS9. FS9 will be my last simulator unless things change. FSX was written for the "gamer", not the hardcore "Simmer". I prefer 2d panel "simulation" and high FPS.Thank you Microsoft for the high with thousands of hours logged. I now step off, I have arrived at the final gate.FS9 for everLee

Chris I'm starting to believe L.Adamson is a Microsoft 'Mole' myself (I don't mean 'Mole' in a bad way but rather someone paid or otherwise setup some kind of way to temper down the heat on a product and/or company in question).Yes Larry has been with us for awhile but any one of us could be enlisted to help Aces out with customer relations especially if their already known in the circles that need monitoring. The cops do it, political parties do it, so why not Mircosoft/Aces? I don't mean to accuse people but that's the only thing that makes since at this point and would be a smart move on Aces part versus planting someone totally new that no one knows about...Larry if this is not true take a Valume and let people have their say about FSX/FS9. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you need not comment on every thread in every forum known to the FS community. The FSX patch will tell the tell as to where FSX shakes out, you don't need to. You can talk all day but when someone turns on their computer to witness 5FPS over NYC then what you say is meaningless. Especially if you refuse to spell out how you get such great performance without any tweaks. I for one would love to see you post a video somewhere to prove your case...For the record I'm actually starting to get hopeful about the patch. I still won't buy FSX for another year and a half (I want the best computer for the money), but just the same FSX may end up being o.k... I still say there's things this sim should have had addressed at this point in time in the evolution of the franchise but for what it is it may not be bad. I'd love to fly the SSTsim Concord at close to 60,000ft with the curvature of the Earth clearly visible (or maybe I should say AlphaSim's SR71 at higher altitudes)... :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest ScottPilot

I totally agree!I have both FS9 and FSX. FSX is too muuch like a game. Also, it just doesn't perform as well as FS9 in my opinion.I will continue to use FS9 as my primary simulator.Scott :-)