Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eek

Post your support for FS9 here please?

My sentiments exactly, kudos to ACES but fsx is just not for me. I am gratified every day to see from Avsim's file uploads that many, many authors still seem to feel the same.Plainly there is no mass migration this time - very curious to see what happens in the next year or two.regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpg

Regards,

Mark

>I absolutely mean no disrespect whatsoever to the good folks>over at ACES, but I personally have found some of their more>subtle changes with Flight Simulator (within FSX) to be>completely unacceptable to me and I have permanently removed>FSX from my system and will never reinstall it.Just curious as to what the subtle changes are. I find everything in regard to flight as an improvement, which includes trim, the percieved feel, moving and changing airmasses, and the crispness of cockpit/panel textures.My thoughts above, won't apply to complex airliner addon's, heavy AI, or airport sceneries that require framerate overhead. This is where FSX is definately lacking for the time being; and FS9 is better suited for the task, IMO. L.Adamson

>Just curious as to what the subtle changes are. I find>everything in regard to flight as an improvement, which>includes trim, the percieved feel, moving and changing>airmasses, and the crispness of cockpit/panel textures.I agree with you here. I've been doing some flying in Alaska and the flight enviroment is better. You can get a little bit of it with FS9 and ASV6.5 But overall it's better in FSX. Wow I agree with L. Adamson. :)

Dave I'm posting my support for FS9. Good thread topic... :-)Developers need to keep their FS9 development in full swing for the foreseeable future.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Captain Dad

Gentlemen:Well said.Except for an occassional "crash to desktop" FS9 runs perfectly smooth on my gaming machine by Gateway: a 3.5 Ghz w/3Gbt's of RAM and a Radeon X800XT card.This 53 yr. old simmer enjoys relaxing on my days off with the few Add-On's I have, planning for my retirement, and not spending the ridiculous amounts of money needed to keep up with the latest/greatest version of this game every 2-3 years.I have FSX, but have added only FSUIPC to it. It's (FSX) performance is still "under evaluation".Good topic.:-spacecraft

>>>Just curious as to what the subtle changes are. I find>>everything in regard to flight as an improvement, which>>includes trim, the percieved feel, moving and changing>>airmasses, and the crispness of cockpit/panel textures.>>I agree with you here. I've been doing some flying in Alaska>and the flight enviroment is better. You can get a little bit>of it with FS9 and ASV6.5 But overall it's better in FSX. >>Wow I agree with L. Adamson. :) Its still nowhere as good as Holger's work over at www.fsaddon.com .Vancouver+ and Misty Fjords are awesome.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Dave I'm posting my support for FS9. Good thread topic...>:-)>>Developers need to keep their FS9 development in full swing>for the foreseeable future.Thanks Les, I was wondering where you was hiding? ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

;-) Sorry it took me so long to catch this thread...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

FSX is a no-no on my PC: P4 3Ghz with 1Gb RAM and a 256Mb graphics card. I got FS2002 in November 2001, and FS9 was released less than two years later. I decided to skip FS9 as I wasn't ready to switch. I had great hopes for FS10, but the stuttering and fps were too much.I support FS9. I may pick up a cheap copy on Ebay, and most FS9 aircraft work in FS8 :)

Add me to the list also.I spent a lot of cash on a new PC for FSX which does run well, but I just dont like the look of it for some reason.!FS9 runs superbly for me so it will stay on my drive for many months yet.CheersKeith

Count me in also, FS9 runs just great on my machine with all its fine addons. Tried the FSX demo,it ran like a sack of dead mice.So thanks to microsoft for the demo,saved me a fistful of UK pounds. Happy landings all. Arthurplum. P4 3.4G 120Gb sata HD 1024 mb ram Nvidia 7600GT graphics

Count me in. FSX runs fine on my PC but I prefer FS9. FSX does not look good to me and it doesn't have enough to offer me as the next generation MSFS. I'm staying with FS9. You make a good addon for FS9, you'll have my money. You make it FSX only you lose my purchase.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Here Here! :)I purchased a scenery package this past week for FS9 and will be picking up a utility from Abacus this coming week. My FS9 still has a lot of life left in her. Great to see a lot of developers continuing to support and build for FS9. ;) Blake

Blake

Hi Dave,Add me to that list! I've invested too much in FS9 software to junk it all and start again.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather