Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Talk about a slap in the face...

Many have been asking CaptainSim to update their 727 for years now (especially after what DreamFleet brought to the table). Now they finally do solely for FSX. All the customers that's been waiting for their purchase to finally see it's full potential have deal with even more headaches in a sim that can't even run default aircraft decently. Add-on planes of this level don't run well in FSX period and I don't see that changing anytime soon (FSX patch or not). All one needs to do is look to the CS 757 for proof and even a year from now things may not get where they should be with performance and add-ons unlit FS11 or close to it. Frankly I don't believe the FSX patch (patches) will fully resolve the many issues plaguing the new sim. Some developers either don't get it, don't want to get it, don't read forums for customer feedback, or could just care less about what their customers want or request in the ultimate scheme of things. It's almost like some developers do this for their own amusement versus serving the needs of their customer or this community as a whole...On a flip note I'm actually glade to see the 727 get some kind of attention after all this time but making the new version exclusively for FSX alienates so many who bought the original product. These guys are walking away as if the 'Legendary 727' project was actually completely finished (more like abandoned). What's next, '707 Captain' or '757 Captain now Including Block F only for FSX'??? It really makes it hard to ever buy from these guys again with the consideration they've had for their supporters/customers over the years. Unless the reviews and customer opinion is on the level of their C130, I'll never look at these guys' products again.... :-(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

CS abandoned their products and customers, I would do the same thing back to them. Just don't buy anything from them.

Odd business decision indeed. I have long been a Captain Sim supporter, pretty much on the basis that they DO provide some of the most incredible modelling to be seen in FS. I myself have never had the headaches with support that many customers have had, and thus my view was never tarnished by that issue.Their 727 provided me with literally months (almost years) of enjoyment when it was released. But I have to say that it doesn't see much air time nowadays. I remained a CS supporter because I knew I would love the C-130, which I did. It remains their crowning glory. I own many other CS products, but was indeed looking forward to a 727 update.I can't really see what makes Captain Sim tick nowadays. I remember when after the C-130, the next release was due to be the F-117A Nighthawk! Followed by the 767! And lest we forget when they showed us screenshots of all the aircraft they had in development...and there were loads! An F-18 (I think?!), Mig-29, SR-71 Blackbird, and countless others. One could argue that all these models were shelved (or delayed) due to them being released by other developers...but if Captain Sim's alternative is to then develop an FSX only update for the 727, I think they lost their way!Regards,Al.

"i think she`s coming for FS 9.1 ,too"And you read this where??? :-hmmm I got an official email from CS stating it was FSX only...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

"an official email from CS"Is that an oxymoron like "military intelligence"? :-)I loved the original still fly it, but it is a FS2002 aircraft and definitely shows its age. Needed to be rebuilt from the ground up as a new aircraft - not updated.

Yea I saw that CS decided to ignore their current fs9 (again) customers in favor of chasing that FSX dream of being

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

>Yea I saw that CS decided to ignore their current fs9 (again)>customers in favor of chasing that FSX dream of being

Guest Water Mango

"we as simmers DO NOT have a right to dictate what developers should pursue."Yes we do as the customer is always right... We don't buy the product the said company has no business. You can make this kind of statement because what's happening here suits your purpose. Anything FSX get's your utmost support to the point of lunacy. Your statement here shows how appeasing you are when FSX is in play. We pay the developer for their product therefore we decide how the market should go. If the market calls for A320's we get A320's. CaptainSim could very well make a 'Pinto' for FSX, you'd buy it. They'd go out of business waiting for the rest of us to purchase it...Larry CaptainSim has a reputation for a reason. The C130 is the only release they got right. If you can defend something like that for the sake of FSX then you truly need help. It's time you take a break from this hobby and focus on your real world endeavors... :-roll

Guest AOA

Hi"Regardless of what Captain Sim decides, we as simmers DO NOT have a right to dictate what developers should pursue. If a developers heart isn't into a project, then it fails anyway! As simmers, we don't pay near enough for an add on to have the say, that some believe we do. If 20-50 bucks for an addon, kills your finances, then by all means, don't buy it, or find another hobby!L.Adamson"What a crockPete