Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevepow

problems with msfs 2004

Guest stevepow

i seem to be having a problem with my msfs. i have just built a new system. i partitiond 50 gigs on my harddrive just for flight simulator. now i just installed the flight sim and i started it up everything worked just fine but as soon as i put the settings resolution to my monitors native resolution which is 1280x1024 i loose the picture of the plane that i want to fly on the main screen you can see the photo i attached. picture 1 is at 800x600x32 and picture 2 is at 1280x1024x32 Can some one please help. you can also see the specs on my pc below

Guest Kevin Farnell

Hi SteveI have the same problem, with anti-aliasing set to 8x in NVIDEA settings. Dropping this to 4x cures the problem.My SystemAthlon 64 X2 3800 AM2 CPU with 2 x 512KB cache, overclocked to 2.4GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe nForce 5 Motherboard NVIDIA Geforce 7900GT 256MB PCI Express Graphics 2GB Gskill PC2-6400 DDR2 Memory Enermax Liberty 500watt Power SupplyScreen resolution 1280 x 1024On my old system (GeForce4 128mb card), I had the same problem with any NVIDEA drivers later than about 65, no matter what anti-alias setting I used.Possibly, this is a driver related issue.RegardsKevin P.S. I'm unable to view the pictures that you have linked.Edit - OK, can see them now.

Guest stevepow

Hey kevin you hit it right on he head. but now im having another problem i use 2 monitors to fly one monitor has the cockpt view and the other has the overhead view. the problem that i am having now is that on the over head view monitor i get small black glitches on various parts of the whole monitor if i click the mouse button it stops as soon as i let it go i starts again if i hit alt to bring up the selection option it stops as soom as i hit alt again it starts again im not sure wat it could be i have never sen that in all the years i was flying with 2 monitors and MSFS 2004 so i set everything back in my graphics card to default and unclicked the anti-aliasing in the flight sim but nothing seems to work. any suggestions? oh by the way where do you get you nvidia update drivers and what version or you using.

Guest stevepow

here is a video of the flickering so that you can see what im talking about

Guest Kevin Farnell

Hi SteveSorry, I have no experience of twin monitor set up. I know that it can be set up from within the NVIDEA software. Perhaps the output to each monitor needs checking?Sorry I can't be of anymore help with that.I'm currently using NVIDEA Forceware 93.71 (the latest WHQL certified) driver.You can find these athttp://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.aspor the UK sitehttp://www.nvidia.co.uk/page/drivers.htmlRegardsKevin

Guest stevepow

i left a video so that you can see

From the video it looks like vertical sync issue. What are your screen refresh rates set to?pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I agree. Set the monitor refresh rate to 60Hz and see if that clears the problem.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.