Sign in to follow this  
Guest XaRGoN

PMDG 737 Terrain and Weather radar?

Guest XaRGoN

I've heard that someone has done this thing,he merged the Realityxp radar into the ND.Where can I get this gauge?Thanks.Erez

There is a .dll file and panel.cfg file sample, that takes an older version of the Reality-XP WX500 weather radar and allows use with the 737s. Once you get a current Reality_XP version 2.x version license, Reality has provided the earlier version via a forum link to apply to this application. You will not find this merge application in the standard libraries but will need to get it from probably an individual user. The file was originally an attachment in the AVSIM panel design forum.There is no terrain involved other than perhaps some stray ground echoes with this earlier version.Needless to say, neither PMDG nor Reality-XP support this merge.I have it working with the 737NG 600 through 900. If you have the 600/700 you may have to install the 800/900 as well (it upgrades the 600/700 panel). This is "dirty" code and is very version specific to the radar and aircraft.