Sign in to follow this  
N520AT

VC Gauges?

Hello,I have this problem where my gauges in the VC make the FPS drop dramatically. All other views max out (including 2D) the FPS. Even if I only have one gauge in the VC, it still slows it down to the same FPS if I had 50 gauges. My computer specs are as follows:ASUS Mobo Intel Prescott 3.0 HT CPU1024 mb RAM, PC3200EVGA 7600 GS 256 MB / AGP 8x.80 gig hard drive with FS on it's own partition.====Anyone know of a fix that would correct this?

Dan: No expert here, but a bit more info is needed. Does this happen with any or all of the default aircraft?

>Dan: No expert here, but a bit more info is needed. Does this>happen with any or all of the default aircraft? It doesn't happen with the default aircraft AFAIK. I've tested a lot on the Lear 45 and I get nothing. It happens mainly on the PMDG and Level-D Products.

Dan: I'm afraid I do not have either of those aircraft. As I have an ancient machine (Dell 1.7), I have messed around with eliminating some vc gauges at various times with some add-on planes in an effort to improve performance, but I do not recall reading about this particular problem in the forums before.Just out of curiosity, when this happens, have you tried refreshing the scenery? I have the "r" key set for this, and sometimes this helps considerably when the frame rates head south.If by chance this does help I'm not sure what it might mean, just something else to try.So sorry I can't help further, but I'm postive you'll get some help from someone more savy than I. Good Luck!

I didn't get anything besides a very small jump in FPS after the refresh scenery was done. After about 3-5 s it returned to about 12 FPS while in all other views I was getting 29 FPS. This was in the Level-D 767 and FFS Saab 340

Dan: Sorry to hear about your continuing frustration with this. I'm afraid my feeble brain has run out of ideas for you.Perhaps post this on the Panel and Gauge design forum for some help. Many payware and freeware developers monitor this forum and I'm sure would be willing to help.

>Dan: Sorry to hear about your continuing frustration with>this. I'm afraid my feeble brain has run out of ideas for>you.>>Perhaps post this on the Panel and Gauge design forum for some>help. Many payware and freeware developers monitor this forum>and I'm sure would be willing to help. Yeah, thanks for your help. :-)