Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafvr

Stand Alone Scenery Manager ??

Guest rafvr

As I am accumulating quite a large number of 3rd Party Scenery Programmes and files, I would be grateful if anyone can avise me if there is such a thing as a Scenery Manager that would enable me to activate or deactivate files within the Scenery Library WITHOUT using FS9.?? ie Deactivate selected scenery before opening FS9 to minimise the amount of scenery that FS9 will handleMany thanksGeorge

Hello GeorgeThis is the tool that i use, It can even export selected parts of your scenery.cfg and save them as sets that you can import later.So if you arrange your entries by continent you can have sets for USA ,Europe, Asia ect.File Description:SCM2004 Scenery management utility. Allow comfortable editing of FS2004 scenery.cfg. Includes functions to add, edit, delete, arrange scenery layers and import/export of scenery sets.Filename: scm2004.zipLicense: FreewareAdded: 29th March 2004Downloads: 4209Author: Hans HartmannSize: 357kb

Guest rafvr

Thanks maddog - that sounds exactly what I need. I`ll download it and get cracking straight awayRegardsGeorge

Guest rafvr

Hi MaddogGot the scm2004 and `installed` but disappointed that there was no "How to" instructions that lets an elderly idot like me see how to work it. I want to set up continental sets so FS9 only uses one at a time to overcome the 2-3 second pauses I current get when flying.At least I hope it will cure this problem.Any help or advice you can offer wouls be most gratefully receivedCheersGeorge

If you have FSNavigator, you can also use the database DBC creator in this way. An added bonus to a great program!Glenn

Guest macman4

Hi Glenn, you mean i can check or uncheck a scenery in the FSNav database DBC creator and, it will enable or disable the scenery in FS9, without going to the FS9 scenery library? ( whew that was a long sentence...lol) Thanks, Bob

I was using FSNavigator Database Add-on to add and deactivate scenery until I discovered it was not doing that. Maybe there is something wrong with my FSNavigator ???Dave Hinson