Sign in to follow this  
Manny

It's Nice in Here...

Its kind of funny... When I have Questions about FSX related issues.. I really want to post them here.. on the account of, finding more knowledgable people rather than noobs!:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

"Has anyone else noticed that this forum has become much "nicer" now that the FSX posts have been moved to another forum? :)"Don't know 'bout that, but the sim is always nice when I have one of your classics humming away in the background :)-John

Tom, you're such a transparent troll!:-beerchugpj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

It's funny you say that as I too have noticed how it has calmed down. Haven't posted since I blasted FSX and how disappointed I was in the terrible performance. BTW...remember Mike from MS (aka Tdragger), well he's now over at the trainsim forum answering questions about MS's Trainsim II which was just recently given a second life. Those forums are so much more calm than any of these. Always have been. Nice sane place to go and get answers when it gets crazy in here! :-)

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

To the origional poster, YEP. Noticed this the 1st week that the forums spilt. I feel like a kid sticking my tongue out at the FSX forum. :( Even when I look at the title of the forum "MS FSX Forum"it looks mean. I think it's the " X " in the name.JimCYWG:-beerchug

Hi Tom,not sure about that one. I actually find it quite entertaining to follow the posts of those who believe that using a Civilian Flight Simulator means that all the combat has to take place in the forums. :-sword Cheers, Holger

It's a lot nicer than the "other forum" :). a really excited user occasionally scale the fence and try to shake things up, but we show them the door :)

Sometimes you will get a visit from somone who insist FSX is better and how "we" that have stayed with FS9 are missing out. I never bought FSX and I dont feel I am missing out on anything. I fly all over the World to detailed airports and never have to tweak to make the fligt smooth. I feel it is a "nicer" forum due to the fact that those using FS9 are happy flying.

Yea Tom,I too did notice it a little calmer (dare I say nicer?). It was like I was being bumped all around in turbulence the last several months and have finally hit a pocket of some calm air... whew! :)Of course the next bit of choppy air is just around the corner as soon as the next big "most-complete, most-realistic in every way" add-on is released. Then the mud slinging, bashing and personal attacks will start up again. Heck, I even see it creeping into THIS thread... tooooo funny.That's why I rarely post here these days. Unless I see someone as reputable as you posting a thread. Mostly just a quick scan these days and move on to the smaller forums where air is fresh and clean. ;)"Let's see, spend 15 minutes attacking someone because they made a disparaging comment on the add-on I just purchased (HOW DARE they insult ME!), or take those 15 minutes and FLY with a new addon some developer was so kind to spend months developing. You do the math"ClutchProject 9 Dragons

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

>>There has been a good amount of latitude given in BOTH forums towards people expressing their support or discontent for a particular product, but this is too much.To start, threads such as this do nothing but establish an "Us versus Them" mentality that is inherently harmful to the forum, and insulting to people who read ALL of the forums, myself included. There are regular posters here who are just as guilty as anyone else of going to the FSX forum and throwing around accusations and personal insults.L.Adamson, I know that you have been a constant target over here, and people have spared no opportunity to leverage the fact that you are a vocal minority in this forum against you, but making a KKK reference is too far. It's completely unacceptable here. What does it say about these forums, BOTH the FS9 and FSX forums equally, that I can't check my email without seeing several alerts from members about posts including personal attacks or troll-tactics? Prior to splitting the forums, we had one place for FANS OF MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATORS, and due to overwhelming popular demand, we split the forums because the people who are still using FS9 don't want to have to go through all the FSX posts to find interesting content. So we create a dedicated forum for FS9, and it seems the threads getting the most replies are the ones talking about FSX! It's time for everyone to stop the "Us versus Them" posts.<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

There has been a good amount of latitude given in BOTH forums towards people expressing their support or discontent for a particular product, but this is too much.To start, threads such as this do nothing but establish an "Us versus Them" mentality that is inherently harmful to the forum, and insulting to people who read ALL of the forums, myself included. There are regular posters here who are just as guilty as anyone else of going to the FSX forum and throwing around accusations and personal insults.L.Adamson, I know that you have been a constant target over here, and people have spared no opportunity to leverage the fact that you are a vocal minority in this forum against you, but making a KKK reference is too far. It's completely unacceptable here. What does it say about these forums, BOTH the FS9 and FSX forums equally, that I can't check my email without seeing several alerts from members about posts including personal attacks or troll-tactics? Prior to splitting the forums, we had one place for FANS OF MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATORS, and due to overwhelming popular demand, we split the forums because the people who are still using FS9 don't want to have to go through all the FSX posts to find interesting content. So we create a dedicated forum for FS9, and it seems the threads getting the most replies are the ones talking about FSX! It's time for everyone to stop the "Us versus Them" posts.

>guess, and while I don't feel the overwhelming need to be a>nuisance, I do accept the fact that it will always be this>way.>>JeffIt's just about fun and to be among all the great virtual pilots or for that matter real pilots and to share our common passion for aviation...With that I have respect for all opinions in whatever flightsim you fly ;-)Have fun guys,Andr

André