Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How do I marry one aircrafts exterior to another?

Is it possible for me to use an external skin from aircraft to another.Say I have the CS Legendary 727. IF I get another 727 addon. Can I criss cross.. Use the new 727's external model to the old Legendary 727? So the sound and flight dynamics and VC/guages etc are from the old?How would I do that if it was possible?ThanksManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks JP.. I apprecite it.But I am assuming that you are able to use the sound and flight model ...just not the VC. Right?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

i'm using a merge by some clever guy to achievesatisfying results with the feelthere/50N combo.i'd say you could use anything but the VC.however,one should carefully proceed as the contact points,lights,and other stuff on one model will most likely be different on the other.with lotsa fiddling it should be possible though ;)cheersJP.

Guest tango papa

There are specifice texture files created for each version of the AC. For example, the textures for the default FS9 172, will not work for the Carenado 172 and vice versa. It's because each designer creates the 3D GMAX model a bit differently, based on accuracy of the blueprint or factory drawings used for building the R/L version.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

>There are specifice texture files created for each version of>the AC. For example, the textures for the default FS9 172,>will not work for the Carenado 172 and vice versa. It's>because each designer creates the 3D GMAX model a bit>differently, based on accuracy of the blueprint or factory>drawings used for building the R/L version.Actually it's more how the textures are "mapped" to the model. For example, say you have a wing and the part of the texture for it is located at the bottom of the texture sheet. When the developer selects that area of the model to have a texture he assigns the part of the texture at the bottom of the texture sheet to it which will be the finished, textured wing. This differs from model to model depending on the developer.Technically you can use any model and the same texture sheet, just needs to be mapped the same.Regards, MichaelKDFWNot anti FS9, just pro FSX!

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW