Sign in to follow this  
jymp

FS9 on Vista ?

Is anyone using FS9 on Vista ?, if so what are your experiences, good or bad ?

Guest SilverCircle

I tried running FS9 on Vista and so far it works. There is a small performance penalty which was expected, but no big show stoppers. Enough RAM is important, though - I wouldn't try it on a machine with less than 1.5 gigs of RAM.However, since Vista does not give me any benefits other than making almost everything running a bit slower, I will continue to use Windows XP on my home machine. It's just that my job requires me to keep myself up to date, so I really cannot completely ignore Vista.P.S. I have an ATI video card - at the moment, video drivers are the most critical things when migrating to Vista. ATI drivers seem to work decently, while nVidia apparently still has big troubles with their drivers (especially for 88xx users). Basically, this is no big deal, as drivers will improve over time, althouth, I can understand that a lot of nVidia users who purchased an expensive 88xx card are a bit angry, because of the driver mess.

Guest m0unds

Performance wise, I'm having no issues in Vista. However, I am having an issue with the refresh rate of the renderer in the simulator-- the UI has the correct refresh, but once I load into the aircraft, it switches to 75Hz, which is not supported by my display (LCD). I've tried forcing the refresh in the Catalyst Control Center, but it has no effect. Just a heads-up.(my video adapter is an ATI X1950XTX)