Sign in to follow this  
Guest hmatta

FS9 hangs " Not Responding" for a while , then continues . . .

Guest hmatta

When starting FS , and also when loading a flight , FS9 seems to get stuck, the loading bar stops at 53% or 32% or what ever number for a while ( can go up to 5 min) . Pressing Cnt-Alt-Del I see that fs9 is "not Responding" . If I wait long enough, it contunues and load fully.I had this problem for a long time , but I thought because I have a year old installation of FS9 with many, many add-ons. But now it is happening with a fresh installation of FS9 with only FSGlobal, The Megasceneries , Ultimate terrain and Ground environment Pro, only !Sure many might be familliar with this probplem. But I wonder why it is happening, and how can I resolve it.Many thanks for any help or ideas.

My FS9 installation starts this way every time...but does not hang for 5 minutes...usually just a minute or two. I say don't worry about it as it eventually does load properly.Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Different addons have different reactions. If I have my aircraft folder fully loaded (202GBs or so) with all my aircraft downloads and if I choose to start from an airport that is located within one of my Megascenery locations, plus having Traffic2005 above 85%, it requires 8 to 11 minutes to start. Other configurations may take more or less time.Steve (Bear) Cartwright

Good morning, I have noticed this as well, especially when loading a flight at add-on airports. You will probably notice less loading time at default airports. Basically, since I have added alot of AC, FS9 in general takes alot more time to load when I first start the program, so I would think it is the combination of all of the add-on aircraft and scenery together. I don't think this is abnormal for your system to do this IMO. I hope this helps.

I am having this same problem. Has anyone solved this one yet? I have wiped clean and done a fresh install, only loaded 1/3 of my addons, and this not responding thing is driving me nuts.

Hi,Next time feel free to start a new thread rather then dig up a post from 4 years ago.Install one program at a time and run FS between each install. Also, FS may be still loading during this time. You should wait a longer.

The problem I had was the 9.1 update. However, uninstalling and reinstalling will not fix the problem. I had to do a fresh WinXP install.

Just a shot in the dark: Do you guys have a dynamic virus scanner active in the background ? By "dynamic" I mean a scanner which is constantly checking each and every (FS) file access and/or movement for virusses, malware, etc. When FS and/or any (pre-programmed) flight starts up, a great multitude of checks take place, e.g. for system integrity, and if these are then "hampered" by such a virus scanner, a lot of "startup" patience could be necessary. Programs like "Process Monitor" by "Sysinternals", which can be switched on immediately before starting up FS, will give you an idea about what's happening during your startup process. But beware, because if FS9.exe cannot find a file in the expected folder, it will search for it in other folders and these extra searches will all be listed in Process Monitor's output listing which can become very long. I would suggest switching off your virus scanner's dynamic processes and run a regular and complete system scan instead. Should improve frame rates too. A system defrag can under certain circumstances also do wonders. Should be run regularly anyway. Did my "shot in the dark" hit anything ?Good luck Hans

At this point, I have my "core" of FsGenesis, Ground Env Pro, UT, and REX installed without the 9.1 update and everything is still running great and fast. Before my last reformat, 9.0 ran perfect, I installed 9.1 and the "glitch" came back. I use Vipre for my antivirus, and that is a great suggestion, but I'm running better now with more installed than I was 3 days ago and the antivirus was active for all of it.