Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Mike Stone C-130J gauges not showing - Im *baffled* !

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello allGot Mike Stones C130J yesterday, I like his work, nice planes, easy on the FPS and some very neat 2d panels.The problem: no gauges appear on the panel. The panel bitmap comes up fine. To test things I used FS Panel Studio to insert a default 737-400 gauge onto the panel - and it appeared when I reloaded the sim.It seems FS9 is not loading Mike Stones gauges but loads others :(Im utterly utterly lost on this one. I first ran the installer into FS9 and when the problem was still there I uninstalled the C130J , installed into a temp location and thne used Windows Explorer to put the files into FS9/Aircraft.Did the usual drill..gauges into fs9/Gauges etc....no joy :(Any of you had this issue? Pleeeeeeeeeease help as as far as I can tell this is the best C130J 2D panel out there.Thanks!

Guest ThrottleUp

*****FIXED******Hope someone with the same problem finds this thread.This plane has the gauges contained in the panel folder itself.1. Renamed FS9/gauges to something else2. Created new empty folder and named it Gauges3. It worked - the gauges on the panel appeared4. Got rid of new folder and examined files in fs9/gauges5. Found repeats of C130J gauge files (as in the panel folder)6. Deleted them all & now the gauges appear as normal.Excellent panel with VERY smooth gauges! I am now using it with my Captain Sim C130J (at last I found a panel for the -J model YAY!)

I have ordered Capt Sims C-130 package. It should arrive any day now. Are you saying, in your opinion that the panel in question is better/smoother that the default panel that comes in the original package? Thanks, jerry

Guest ThrottleUp

----------------------------------------Are you saying, in your opinion that thepanel in question is better/smoother that the default panel that comes inthe original package? Thanks, jerry----------------------------------------The C-130J has a glass cockpit - Captain Sim does not provide this. In their C-130 package the C130J has "steam-gauge" dials which isnt how it is in real life :)I was looking all over the place for one and stumbled on Mike Stones panel which IMO is the best freeware panel for the C130J. Very smooth gauge movement...a rarity these days:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr...C310jMedium.jpg------->>>Hahaha nice one Bill I need to get that smoke! :) And yes you are correct...took me a couple of hours to use this panel with the CS plane!

Guest crotiusf16

Would it be possible to post the link for this? It appears to be a very awesome plane.