Sign in to follow this  
Guest MiguelSantos

Feelthere A320 with IFDG model

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi guys,I don't dislike too much the Feelthere A3XX series model, however, I don't like the lack of so many repaints on launch time. Theire B737 classic were with much more complete set of repaints.So I was considering merging the panel wwith the IFDG model.What I did was creating a new copy of theire aircraft folder, and copy the IFDG model and textures to that folder. The only change I made on aircraft.cfg was the flightsim.x section, and nothing else. The contact points on A319 at least seems quite good with no modifications needed.However, the panel is not working perfectly, because the switchs are not switching!! Only the push buttons like batteries and APU for example, works. Lights, IRS, Air conditioning temperatures and so on, doesn't work. Any ideas? Did anyone tryed this out?Appretiate in advance any help.regardsMiguel

Guest ThrottleUp

HalloIf you just want to use the panel with the iFDG planes you do not have to do anything with the aircraft.cfg. There are hundreds of repaints for the iFDG A320 series so the best thing to do is to alias the panel you want to use to all the planes.1. Make a new folder and give it a name like A320 iFDG Panel2. Inside this folder make another one and call it panel3. Now inside the second panel sub-folder you just created install the panel itself. So the path should be:A320 iFDG Panel/panel4. Copy the panel.cfg from the second panel subfolder and paste it under the primary panel folder. Now open this panel.cfg, erase everything inside it and then insert this:[fltsim] alias=Airbus A320 PanelpanelSave this panel.cfgSo now the structure should be:A320 iFDG Panelpanel <----this is the panel.cfg from step #3panel <----this is the subfolder with the panel installedNow create a new folder and name it iFDG A320 Install all your iFDG planes into this folder (dont forget to put the CFM & V2500 models together!) Remember you only need one base model of each plane (1 X CFM, 1 X V2500) then *all* you add are the repaints :) In the panel folder of iFDG A320 paste the panel.cfg from step #3Thats it. Now you can have one panel feeding as many A320s as you want.I am working on a aliasing guide using lots of graphics to illustrate my points which I plan to upload to the library, until then I hope I have not confused you much.

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi. Thanks for your explanation. In fact all of this is not new for me. I used to merge IFDG model with PSS panel.What I did, was different. I installed only the model and textures ona FT folder, so everything else is from the main FT, because of air files, performance issues, and fully compatibility with the gauges.I did, and I could get that "merged" aircraft work without the switches problem, loading first the FT aircraft, and then load the merged one.One big problem, is that now, I get CTD very often! Or when I go to external view, or when I "call" clearence for ATC!I don't know what is causing this!Regards,Miguel