Sign in to follow this  
Guest flynman3

When Does Captain Sim Finish......

Guest flynman3

The half done 757......its really nice that he has had time to put out a shuttle and now an update for the 727 to FSX but when does he live up to his promises and finish his half baked 757?????

That's a question we all want to know. It's best to finish one project before moving on to another one. This developer is trying to capitalize on every phase of the development process. If they finish the external model these guys are going to see how much money they can make off that, when they finish the VC that's another charge, same thing goes for sounds and avionics.It's about time Captainsim was dropped from all consideration for prospective buyers. One big problem Captainsim realizes is a money maker is they can capitalize off the lack of add-ons for FSX. People are so hungry for something (anything) for the new sim they'll fall for this kind of thing. At this point charging for a visual external only model is playing their customer base stupid. When you have developers like Posky giving external models away for free, who would buy something like this especially for FSX (which has moved away from 2D panels more so than FS9). There's already an ongoing track record that the complete project may never see the light of day (just look to the 757 for that). Anyone buying something like this has no room to get upset down the road when they already see how the 757 project has shaken out. Captainsim is really rubbing me the wrong way with their shady business practices.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest wayupthere

>when does he live up to his promisesThat question just made me laugh.. CS and promises, as many of us already know, and some even found out the hard way, those two words don't exactly go well together.

Guest flynman3

The space to post his new projects...where is the integrity????? We should expect more as a community whole.

>>>The half done 757......its really nice that he has had time to>put out a shuttle and now an update for the 727 to FSX but>when does he live up to his promises and finish his half baked>757?????Hehe...that is a rhetorical question? We all know that, quoting CS themselves:********************

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest wayupthere

Well, really hasn't anything to do with Avsim, as you see there is no sub forum for CS here (digg into the forums, it has been much talked about) and as for Flight1, great bunch of guys there, myself, and I can safely be sure alot more people, regard them as one of the best online sales places for FS stuff.. Flight1 too though, has nothing to do with them selling CS stuff even though CS being unreliable or whatever, but its a moneymaker for F1.. (doesnt make F1 bad) its all business... The only thing that can make CS face the "realworld" is when people actually stop buying their, ehhmmmm "Pilots know how" add-ons.

Guest Jetfan

They sound so full of themselves running their own show and all, that they have forgotten the real reason for being there... the customer , sales, repeat sales, little things like that. If you don't want me to come back, well, just keep doin' what you're doin'.Dang, freeware developers pay more attention to us.My first and last buy from CS was Legendary 727. Since then, I feel I have been getting equal quality aircraft from freeware folks. (Thank you all.)Cheers,Bob

>I think its time for them to hire another systems programmer>since the one "eminently qualified programmer (ex-ATPL) who is>in charge exclusively of the Advanced Systems programming",>doesn't seem to be able to complete anything. :-roll>>>Regards,>Steve Dra>Lol Steve ;-)http://forum.qualitywings.net/images/banners/bannandre.jpg

André

At the same time, CS makes the best models inside and out. It's no different than carenado - you are paying for the model, not the systems....... people need to figure out what they want. if they want it all, don't buy it based upon empty promises.

>At the same time, CS makes the best models inside and out. >>It's no different than carenado - you are paying for the>model, not the systems....... >>people need to figure out what they want. if they want it all,>don't buy it based upon empty promises. That's the way I figure it too. I buy Carenado for the excellent exterior graphics, and the CS C-130 for the same reasons. Across the internet, you can actually pay hundreds of dollars for an exterior model that has nothing to do with flight simming. It's considered ART, and Carenado & Captain Sim are in fact artist's with their graphics work.L.Adamson

I think the main reason CS hasn't released Block D&F is they made a decision early on, without telling anyone to primarily develop it for FSX instead of FS9 which was the original intent. At least that's what everyone was led to believe. Even on my system which generally gets good performance in FSX the CS757 as is drags it down to single digit frames in many flight conditions. Add systems to that and it will be a slideshow. I think CS realized this too late and is now trapped. They keep posting statements like everything is going well, but refuses to show any progress! I think they are waiting to see if the SP1 patch will improve things in FSX. I think this issue is going to affect the other high quality models as well. While I can get FSX to perform well with less complex aircraft, which is still about 1/2 that I get in FS9 in similar aircraft. The difference narrows considerably when I use a complex aircraft like PMDG, LDS, or the detail of the CS757. So I could only surmise that a PMDG or LDS aircraft wouldn't fare much better than the 757 unless considerably optimized. (Hopefully not by reducing the detail they're known for.) I'm hoping the SP1 patch really improves the performance of the sim, or I'm afraid these types of complex aircraft won't see the light of day in FSX!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest panda234

People just need to stop buying from these guys. Eventually they'll go away. But maybe it's worth $20 or $30 for the entertainment value on the boards. There's never a dull moment and it's a legitimate and harmless way to vent frustration.bill

>>>The half done 757......its really nice that he has had time to>put out a shuttle and now an update for the 727 to FSX but>when does he live up to his promises and finish his half baked>757?????At the same time he finishes the 727, the 707 and the promised and not started 767.If you didn't laugh you would.................................

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>This is really all you need to know about CS's "business>practices":>>http://www.captainsim.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1167029007>>ricardo>My personal favorite from CS is this quote concerning their business practices:"As you know we do not publish a release date until a product is uploaded and ready for release. We do not publish even highly approximate estimations of the release dates anymore, because some people speculate over these 'raw count' estimations: The Q2 is over, where's the promissed release? All we can say about the Block F release is that will be FSX compliant product and to be released before the FSX replaced by newer version of the MS FS. So, please enjoy available products and do not hold your breath.""do not hold your breath"

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg