Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Wrong FS Splash Screen

While trying to update my Lago Emma Field from version 1.00 FS-2004 to version 1.53(FS 2004, I thought..... things got all screwed up. It must have been a 1.53 up date to FS-2002, NOT FS-2004. Anyway I received a LOT of nasty messages and took me awhile to get things straighten up again. I had purchased the FS2002 version and I had downloaded a free version update to FS2004 from Lago. All is well now EXCEPT when FS2004 starts, it has a "splash screen" for FS2002 !!! Everything else seems to work OK, but I want my FS-2004 splash screen back. PLEASE tell me how to get my FS-2004 splash back. Thanks, jerry

Guest ThrottleUp

Check this folder:Flight Simulator 2004UiresLook for a picture called dlgsplashShould be your original splash screen, you can put any pic you want here :)If there another picture using that name then either rename/delete it and then look for the original FS9 splash screen.

throttleup, Thanks a MILLION!!!!!! Problem fixed!! I'd spent hours looking for that "splash screen". When I opened the UIRES folder, all of the .bpm pictures were in the DETAIL view mode, but when I clicked on the one named, "dlgsplash", up popped the 2002 screen, NOT the 2004 screen. For some reason the FS2004 splash screen was NOT in that folder ?? I looked around for the 2004 screen ( by another name) without luck. I have FS2004 on another computer so I went to the UIRES folder, and by luck, the folder was in the "THUMBNAIL" view mode, not the DETAIL mode as the other computer and ... wham, there was the picture of the Fs2004 splash screen. I copied it over to my other computer and WHAM (again) it showed up (of course) as the splash screen for my FS2004. Thanks you SO much for stopping what you were doing and taking time and effort to help. ALL is well when my Fs2004 is running perfect ! Jerry

Guest neslesman

I've got about 18 of my own and some acquired screenshots from various web sites in my folder and it sure makes that waiting time for FS9 to spool up a whole lot more interesting than always staring at the same screen.The NAAM web site has some nice splash screens of the DC3/Dakota and others complete with MS Century of flight logos and framing that look just great.