Sign in to follow this  
flysupersonic

Help missing airports in Italy ,spain, and portugal?

Hey guys,I was getting ready to fly from barcelona to manchester today and when i loaded my flight sim the airport was gone. So i went to another one and that was gone, soon i discovered that all of the airports in spain,italy and portugal were gone. Can someone tell me why and what to do. And is this something that happens ofen. Thanks

Guest ThrottleUp

Do you have addon scenery called LDDU? I had exactly the same issue some months ago and was advised to remove this scenery!From what I do remember: it is the cause of vanishing airports in the areas you mentioned. If you do have LDDU then disable/delete it and you are sure to see your airports come back.

I'm afraid this won't help you but I think it's relevant considering the earlier reply: I have the freeware LDDU and none of my airports are missing. However, maybe I can show some light on the cause of your problem. Under new EU guidelines, Spain, Italy and Portugal are no longer available on Mondays and Tuesdays. One Wednesdays both France and Germany will be closed. On Friday the UK is canceled, and the 3 newest member countries are only available if your name begins with letters A to M.These guidelines are currently undergoing secret testing.The objective of the so-called "Part-time Countries" project is to cut down on pollution and energy consumption, and to give EU officials and MEPs time to do any one of the following:a) Ensure the correct curvature of EU bananas:( Enjoy "fact-finding" tours of selected Redlight Districtsc) Skive off at our expense.Hope this helps.

Is the airport scenery gone? Terminals, etc?Or is it present but you cannot "Go to" the airports in that area?The + / - error in the Exclude file for LDDU and the separate Dubrovnik Old City scenery will cause all visible objects to disappear - but you can still "Go to" the airport.There is a scenery for Italy which flattens the regions of Spain where the airports appear on tall flat columns above the rest of the area / cities at 0 feet elevation ASL.

Guest jkar

The LDDU scenery has a simple fix which you can find attached.But I have a problem with the area of city of Madrid been flattened at 9 feet whereas the airports there stay (correct)at 2000 ft. Does somebody remembers which Italian scenery was the one flattening things in Spain?This answer will save me much trouble since I have installed almost all freeware Italian sceneries

Guest fortunato_guadalupi

Had same problem.You should have ISD LIEO (OLBIA)There's a heavy file inside called arc_sec something. I don't remember exactly and am too tired right now. However, you cannot miss it. There's only one. Just delete it and Madrid will come back to normal.Pls. keep me posted.BestFortunato

Guest jkar

Thanks a lot !It is the Olbia VFR part of the ISD LIEO (isd_lieo04_v2_fs9.zip) and deactivating it solved the problem.With this thing I really hit the wall running out of ideas after uninstalling all Spain scenery, mesh, etc and with 1200+ scenery installed !Now for the same area I use the costa__smeralda_photoreal.zip from AVSIM which covers bigger area than ISD Olbia VFR (and by the way is incompatible with it) but fully compatible with the part of ISD airport LIEO.Thanks againJohn