Sign in to follow this  
Guest psouthan

Terrain.dll Util.dll and a host of other .dll errors why?

Guest psouthan

I short while ago i thought finally after years, and I eman years of tweaking FS9 I finally had it where i wanted it. Could this be the case with FS9 sadly no.What I can't work out is why I am having random .dll CTDS if it was just one I could deal with it but erratic unpredicatble ones I can't deal with. Please help i have tried a lot of things already posted about this subject in here.RegardsPaul

Guest Mesa

Which version of FSUIPC do you have? I too had random ctd's for a while until I got 3.72. Worth a look.

Guest ap9dm1

I too am having similar problems. They're very random, but extremely irritating. They usually occur (although not isolated to) using PMDGs 737NG. I've tried everything bar a full install, including Flightsim Manager checks, ScanAFD for duplicate AFCAD files, divers, numerous tweaks, and general system checks. I'm afraid I have no suggestions so I'm keen to hear feedback also.Del.

Guest allcott

>I short while ago i thought finally after years, and I eman>years of tweaking FS9 I finally had it where i wanted it.>Could this be the case with FS9 sadly no.>>What I can't work out is why I am having random .dll CTDS if>it was just one I could deal with it but erratic unpredicatble>ones I can't deal with. Please help i have tried a lot of>things already posted about this subject in here.>>Regards>>PaulHave you thought about undoing the tweaks?Allcott

Guest neslesman

I was having a lot of random CTDs including the terrain.dll one and panels.DLL was common. Somehow I ended up in the Microsoft knowledge base and there were 10 suggestions on tracking down and repairing the problem. The last or second last suggestion was this and I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else but it solved all of my problems and greatly speeded up the sim.There is a line near the top in in the FS9 config that, going from memory, says FULL SCREEN=1. They (Microsoft) suggested changing the "1" to a "0". Occasionally it will change itself back and I just change it again and all is well.The problem of many different DLL crashes dissapeared entirely. Your mileage may vary. BTW my crashes were almost always associated with a view change and changing to or from Full Screen was particularly bad.

Guest richpress

If you have enough disk space install another copy of FS9 and see if you can duplicate the errors. If these errors still occur then it has nothing to do with any addon.