Sign in to follow this  
mathisst

Airport Scenery Recommendations FS9

Hi All,It looks like I'll be sticking (happily) with FS9 for a while, so I was wondering about recomendations for the following airports - (payware or freeware)Atlanta (KATL)Gatwick (Oss or UK pro/extreme)Sydney (YSSY)ThanksStephen

Guest wayupthere

Never mind read it wrong :(

I have UK2000 EGKK pro. Great product. You can d/l the pkg and try it out before purchase.PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.65GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest tango papa

Anything created by Holger Sandmann and team. Some of the best scenery for FS9, Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords, Vancouver+, and soon to be released, Glacier Bay. Totally enhanced mesh, water features, and much more.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest Rob Hirst

Not an airport you enquired about but try Boston Logan by Grimshaw (sorry can't remember his first name but it in the avsim file library). It's freeware and one of the best you'll ever find. Download the update too and you'll get additional animations.UK2000 scenery is very good too.Rob

On topic....Sydney has been tinkered with in Vista Australis v1.3 and looks great now.Gatwick Pro for EGKKAtlanta - can't help you there...Slightly off topic....Without a doubt the best freeware I have is VTBS Bangkok (new airport)LLBG Ben GurionKBOS Boston (Grimshaw)VVTC Chang Mai (Martin Strong)WMKK (Project KLIA)WIII (Jakarta)VABB (Mumbai)All the ISD (Italian airports)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Default KATL is not that bad especially with programs like Lago's FSX to add a few planes here and there. :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

UK2000 Gatwick Pro is awesome... The best airport scenery within UK2000.Other good ones are... Aerosofts EDDF (Frankfurt). Fly Tampa's Seattle.And plenty more..if you are interested in non big airports.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I use the freeware ATL from the library by William Morgan / FRF Studio.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

There's a new payware KATL coming out shortly. If you go to fsdeveloper.com/forums/coffeehouse/developer's showroom, there is a post by sparkchaser with development screenshots of KATL. Look pretty darned good IMO. SHOULD be out shortly. My advice is to pass on the Simflyer's KATL version as it'll eat your FPS for lunch.

Blake

If you are looking for the new runway at KATL, I think the FRF version is nice, but I'm not sure the AI will work too well on it. If AI are the concern you might try Jim Vile active ils katl_ils_v1.1.zipscott s..