Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

What is wrong with my FS9?

Not five minutes ago I was climbing through FL290 on my way up to FL390 from Houston to MHTG, and *BAM!!!!!!!!* there's my desktop. I was using the PMDG 737-700. This happens to me a lot! Does anyone have any ideas?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

3.71Jeff

Jeff

Thanks, just put 3.72 I'll reply back if that doesn't work thanks again.Jeff

Jeff

Some have even reported problems with 3.72. 3.70 seems OK though.I also have 3.7.1.9 which seems to work OK. Let me know and I can email you the dll file. Might work, might not. Who knows. I got so many copies of FSUIPC.dll I don't know which version works. HA HA.JimCYWG

Jim, thanks, I'll replicate my earlier flight sometime tomorrow and report back so we can narrow down which versions of FSUIPC may cause problems.Jeff

Jeff

But remember, FSUIPC might not be the problem.

Jeff,Did you change/add new traffic lately in the EURO region? I know (by trial on error at my rig) that the Thomas Cook Britain flightplans I downloaded and installed not so long ago, was my CTD problem. Maybe your traffic files are corrupt. You can experiment with this to backup and delte your tarffic files from last month and look if the CTD disappears. Than you can replace the backuped files back to you scenery directoy one-by-one and see wich files makes the CTD come back.If this doesn't help, it certainly will be your AFCAD files. One is corrupt or you have double airports installed (the program SCANAFD helps to trace these ones).Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Thanks Jeroen, I've found something like 1970 duplicates, but the delete option is greyed out as in the SCANAFD won't let me delete anything. I checked the readme, but it offered no further guidance. Anyone have any ideas?Jeff

Jeff

Jeff,That many. That is nearly impossible. You couldn't fly with that many duplicates.Attached is a picture of SCANAFD. Do the following in order:1. Run SCANAFD2. Choose "Show duplicates" at the left under3. Choose "All scenery addon directories"4. And check "Include disabled sceneries"5. Then scan with the button "Scan files" (wait a while)6. If there are duplicates, highlight one like in the picture "EGPK"7. Then highlight the desired afcad in the column "AFD files"8. Both buttons "Delete" and "Rename" should be black by nowIt is better to rename then to delete. If you rename a pop-up screen will appear and then you can rename the extention of the double file to for example BCK (instead of BGL).If you have more trouble, you can mail me.Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB videohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167329.jpg

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Jeroen,Thanks for your reply, I was unable to message you with a screenshot so I'll just post it here. Basically, it still says I have 1900 duplicates unless I did something wrong, do you know if there is a way to delete all duplicates with just one click or would I have to go through each entry?Thanks again,Jeffhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/167333.jpg

Jeff

Jeff,Did you restore some directories lately or so? I have never seen this before.There is a way. Go to explorer, to the main FS9 direcory and do a search to AF2*.BGL. Wait, and sort the outcome at the directory-level. Hopefully the files are split in two different directories. If so you are lucky. If not, you have to delete or rename the double files one by one via SCANAFD (some work but in 1 hour you'll be finished, and it's fun, you have something to do :-)).If the files are split in two directories. Open your scenery.cfg. Search for one of the directories in the scenery.cfg and delete that entry. Close the file and save (make a backup first before you edit!!!!!!). Then you have to re-order the scenery entries. This is not absolutely necessary, but it's better for performance reasons. There is a little program for that. I'm at the office now, so if you want this programm, let me now. I'll send it to you later this evening.If you have no double entries of your AFCAD directories in the scenery.cfg, then simply return to explorer, select one of the double directories and delete that one, or better move it out of the FS9 main directoy, for example a TEMP directory at the root of you harddisk. Hope this works, otherwise leave a message. Regards,Jeroen van SchoneveldVelserbroekThe Netherlandshttp://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpgASUS A8N-SLI, AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2,4 Ghz) San Diego processor, 2Gb DDR 400 Mhz Corsair Mem, ASUS V6800 PCIE Ultra 256 MB video

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Guest M-Sauce

Hey Jeff. I'll offer my experience with MHTG, maybe it will help you or someone can help me.I downloaded the excellent MHTG scenery by Henry Carcamo. I loved it, thought it to be one of my favorite freewares. Anyway, I later downloaded IFDs LIMC, another outstanding package. That is when all #### broke loose. My LIMC scenery started flashing and I could not get it to work properly.By trial and error, I found out that MHTG has many files in it labled LIMC. Apparently they were directly conflicting with the IFDs LIMC files, so I had to get rid of MHTG. I could not get the sim to work with both airports active in my Scenery.cfg file. Now, I never got CTDs, but you might want to check if this might be your problem (especially if you have LIMC installed!)The most frustrating CTD I had which took me the longest to figure out was due to AI. For some reason, at certain airports at certain times I would get a CTD. KBOS and KLAX where two airports that would CTD once in a while, LA more often than BOS. And airports like MMMX and MMMUN would ALWAYS CTD. No matter what time of day or season.Turns out that I had a bad texture for one of my Aeromexico AI airplanes, a 737-800. That is why Mexico City and Cancun would crash almost always, and LA and BOS ocasionaly (read when Aeromexico was in town). So, I re-installed all my textures for Aeromexico and checked them with DXTBMP to make sure they where all valid formats (ie, DXT3) and the problem went away. What did I learn? Well, now I check every AI plane's texture I download with DXTBMP and I only use the DXT3 format. You might be able to use other formats successfully, but I guess I like the frames and stability of DX3.Hope that helpsMarianoEdit: I can't believe H.E.L.L. is considered a curse word...