Sign in to follow this  
djbrowndog

Should or Shouldn't - FS2Crew

hey all,Fly the PMDG 737 800/900 exclusively with rc4. worth adding fs2crew for another level of realism?pros and cons?cheers,chris AUS

Hi there. I don't have the 800/900 but I have both the LevelD and the PMDG747 versions of FS2Crew.It's a wonderful addon that compliments everything. It's just nice to bring some discipline to your cockpit eg run the proper checklists at the proper times, fly it by the book. Takes a couple of flights to get used to, but after that flying without it is dead boring.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

nice one. think this might be my next add-on. like the realism of it all and so this should round it all off nicely. any probs with other add-ons- rc4, aismooth, freeware sceneries etc?the price looks ok too...dj (aka Chris)

I fly the 737-800 with fs2crew, rc4, fspassengers, aismooth, activesky, fsflightkeeper, and trackir. I've never had any problems. Only that with rc4 running you'll have what sounds like a crowded cockpit due to the fact that fs2crew has it's own sound files for captain and copilot - but you get used to it. I'd buy it asap. you'll love it.Cheers,Ian

My experience is that if I don't keep current with it, I forget how to use it, since it is sequence-driven. Then I stop using it as too much work. But if you exclusively fly a single aircraft, then I suppose it could become second-nature to use it.scott s..

One thing to consider before a purchase - do you ever save flights mid-way through ? I do as i very rarely get time to finish a flight in one go. I found that fs2crew couln't "handle" this (not surprising i guess and not a complaint, btw). Reloading the flight would cause fs2crew all manner of problems so i had to remove it.However, i must say though, apart from that, it's a great package, very realistic and teaches good cockpit discipline.Gary

Hi Gary,That's partially true. With the later versions of FS2Crew, however, you can save your flights if desired so you can start in cruise or ready for taxi,etc. How to do this is detailed in the manuals.However, the real stumbling block with doing that is not FS2Crew, it's usually the host aircraft.Not many 3rd party aircraft allow you to save FMC data, among other things, on the fly, so starting half-way through your flight isn't do-able regardless.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks for your advice guys.since i fly the pmdg 737 you can't save flights anyway so that shouldn't matter. looks like a good product and addon.Nice vid Max! how do you get that "head movement" type view? also thought i saw a wing view angle- are the wing views standard in the aircraft model you were flying? dj

>Thanks for your advice guys.>>since i fly the pmdg 737 you can't save flights anyway so that>shouldn't matter. looks like a good product and addon.>Techically, that's true, but in reality you can - as i regularly do.Unfortunately, it's not just a case of reloading the saved flight and flying - it requires a wee bit of work. However, with practice, i can recover a saved flight and be on my way in approx a minute. As i said in my previous post, i rarely get the opportunity to fly a complete sector so i have to recover virtually every flight i perform.PMDG used to have a note in their support section on how to "recover" a saved flight - currently i can't find but i'll have a better look or post the instructions myself.Gary

The answer is ABSOLUTELY YES. The programs all work well with each other.The only thing I might add is that the FS2Crew interface with PMDG 737 800/900 is not quite as much funas subsequent versions, such as Flight 1 ATR and Level-D 767. The later versions are a lotsimpler and easier to use. That said, I think you'll find that once you've tried FS2Crew,you won't want to sim any other way.Best,Slugger