Sign in to follow this  
Aerodynamic

"Buyer Beware: A Case For Freeware"

I did my research. That's the thing, folks. I actually only bought this like 3 weeks ago. (I am not going to use FSX, so the upcoming Level-D 757 is not an option.) It's not like I jumped right into a new offering with Captain Sim. It's the only option we have for those that want a nice model and a thorough panel.I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt to release the final version, WHENEVER that might be. Some people have been waiting forever and are quite put out by this. There is some problem with the way the panel is designed, and I just want to make people aware who might be reading this. I've been in their forum and read literally every post. You will find very few a really excited user in there. The Block concept was just not a great idea, and you can tell by reading virtually any post.With the substellar Block releases, you get stuck with an incomplete payware package. That's lame. I think they should have just released it when it was completely ready. I would rather wait longer and have something with things that work right than to deal with autopilot quirks, no FMC, and wretched 2-D panel frame rates. (Though those weren't clearly defined to buyers ahead of time, but it's common across the board.)We'll see when the final Block comes out. It's just been a frustrating ordeal and I still feel mislead on this product. I will still frequent their forum and give them credit where its due. Who knows, maybe the final package will be pretty cool.I'm over my inital letdown when I posted this. I apologize if it sounded "whiny" or like I was accusing all payware developers of lying. It's just such a bummer, but I can't do anything about it now but encourage people who may be interested in this 757 to wait until the final package is offered. I will let you know how it is, because I'm going to have to buy it to fix the one I have already bought! This has just been my worst payware experience yet, and again, I apologize if I have offended anyone by sharing my thoughts on the matter.http://usera.imagecave.com/scotteduncan/Signature.gifScottKPNS

Guest MiguelSantos

Hi guys,Just let me give my 2 cents here.I love payware stuff. WHEN it's good. And you know what? It's up to us, the buyers to decide if we trust on the seller or not.I love freeware too! But I know that I will sacrifice some realism that GOOD payware stuff will give me!I'm almost new on FS comunity compare to others (I begin with FS2002), and soon I learn what I should buy or not. For example, in the rush to have plenty of goodies, I bought at that time PSS 747, PSS 777, DF737 and suddenly..... Wilco Airports!!! *******! What a slide show even at that time!!! After some other good stuff, suddenly....... HongKong from Flightsoft!!! And this one after seeing a review!!! OH my GOD! A payed review, for sure!!!!! How the guy could appretiate that scenery!So, now, only the ones I already trust, after reading forums, or knowing already that despite what some people say, probably to me is a "suficient" product. And for newcomers on payware market, just seeing teh website and forums, we can be in alert sooner than later! The type and quality of information circulating on theire sites, gives always good information.CaptainSim for example: I liked very much the 727. (unfortunatly Ii don't fly it much, because I would like to buy the DF one....) However, I never trust much has a company, and specially after that "Blocks" policy, that to me is only a way to make money with unfinished work! I never buy a model without a panel. Period. For me a aircraft should be as a all in one. With the right compromises! So I didn't bought anything else. I never liked much support. I was lucky to be satisfied with the 727.Take Feelthere for example: I trust them. I only bought ERJ after they fit it with a panel. I love the 737 classic. I loved the CRJ. And I'm learning to love the Airbus, because I know will love it after SP. And for example, is here the main differences between companies. The quick and the way they are in the market, becuse they want to improve the product. They want to make it as good as itr can be, and with the technologies they know. For what I've seen, of course I will buy Airliner XP too, because I already trust them!!! Because of the people involved.Of course I wouldn't comment PMDG or LVLD. They are the best airplanes period. Hands down! And PMDG support is one of the standards. Feelthere is there too, for me at least.So in the end......... we learn. And shouldn't trust in everything we see. As it is in every business, what we see in product pages, features, advertising and so on, are pure marketing!!! Like a cleanning product: you see on television that each everyone are fantastic! Do incredible things cleanning!!!! And we know that it's not like that! One is better than other. And sometimes we buy both to prove it! And here is the same. Some scenery are better than others. And we learn to know wich one.In life as a costumer, we need to accept that we risk our money on our buys. Is pure and simple. When you buy a MP3 player, wich one are you going to buy with about 100 models available? Pure luck perhaps!!CheersMiguel

Guest PARADISE

Good points. As the number of choices of a particular product increases so does the number of dissatisfied customers. This is because the customer can now compare products and make decissions based on their particular tastes, not by just what is available. If there was just one B-757 to choose from, most of us would love it. That's because we have no other one to compare it to. But since there are now a number of them on the market, we are all finding something wrong with each and everyone of them because it doesn't meet our tastes. It is impossible for a developer to please everybody. There is always going to be someone that's not going to feel that their tastes have been fullfilled. John M

Some payware is excellent, some is garbage. Same with everything. What's getting to me is the cumulative cost of all this. I was looking at the Aerosoft sceneries at their site, and though they look very nice indeed, once you add up the cost, it's bordering on lunacy.Just to buy all the Germany scenery at Aerosoft is going to run you several hundred dollars. Yes, it looks like nice stuff, but that's serious money. Those of us who have already shelled out for the FS9 Magic Bullet (GE + FE + UT + mesh, not to mention AS6.5) spent perhaps two hundred dollars or more. Now add a stable of good quality planes and you're up another hundred or two. Kick in that sweet looking Germany scenery and we're up to over $800. And there's more. The FZ scenery is great, I have it, so there's another $75 for the set. Might want the new A320 and that's another $50 at least. Over a short period, we of the credit card set are spending a huge amount of money. I think sometimes we're being played like a deck of cards. We need to be smart consumers and voice our opinions loudly and clearly when we pay super-premium prices and get mid-level quality and lousy service. There's a huge amount of payware out there and much of it is just plain overpriced. High time we sort out the wheat from the chaff and hold the developers to a higher standard.Sorry to bring up the recent Wilco A320 disaster, but they got everything they deserved. Those of us plunking down $500 to $1000 and more on add-ons have every right to complain when our credit cards are debited with an efficiency unmatched by product delivery or quality.As I said before, we need a union. A common voice to speak up on the buyer's behalf. If each of us is spending at least several hundred dollars, and there are hundreds if not thousands of us, then we represent serious money - the only money - to an industry (and it is an industry) that needs us more more than we need them.FS9 add-on prices are simply too high."Flightsim Buyers Guild - Local 747."

I always wonder how a company can release a product with 7 for FPS frame rates? I work for a big power utility and it is impossible to make changes. At 5 FPS for an addon, you would think that the product would not be released. I don't know.JimCYWG

Guest nihongo

I thought the base pack of the CS757 had a VC?I have the PSS 757- Brilliant, and includes everything I want -TCAS and WXR.I thought the Ariane was ultra detailed and ultra realistic? You need a high powered system for it?

Any reason you are replying to a thread that died out over a year ago?Slow days in the forums, I guess....John

Guest jonthedoors

I firmly believe a 30-day (or something similar) trial of all products would be brilliant.It worked for Just Flight's flying club release, and let me know how my system wouldn't run it as well as I thought.

>"I firmly believe a 30-day (or something similar) trial of all>products would be brilliant......."Perhaps you mean a "free of charge" 30 day trial?Eaglesoft and others provide what is essenentially a "precharged" 30 day trial by using the Flight1 ecommerce system with 30 Day refund policy if not satisfied.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest Nealoc187

>I thought the base pack of the CS757 had a VC?>>I have the PSS 757- Brilliant, and includes everything I want>-TCAS and WXR.>>I thought the Ariane was ultra detailed and ultra realistic?>You need a high powered system for it?wow that's wonderful! thanks for bumping a 14 month old thread for that! now we can sleep easy.