Sign in to follow this  
nillefix

Got some money to spend? Ideas?

Was maybe thinking of CH Products Throttle Quadrant(already have the yoke and pedals).......

How about investing in a Goflght Nav Com if you don't have one alreadyGF-166 Versatile Radio Panel Module and a GF-46 Multi-Mode Display Module maybe even a RP48 2" Tall Panel Module If you have been changing nav radio using a mouse....well its time for some real knobs.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest DK8290

"Flight1 ultimate terrain (Europe/USA/Asia - as per your locality)"-------------------------------They don't have an Asia (at least I can't find it) ... the other one is Canada/AlaskaI think Ultimate Terrain is great and also adds to commercial flying as the streets and roads and night lighting make cities look excellent both day and night which makes approaches and landings visually more appealing.

Guest JeffPreston

Well... how many folks out there use something along the lines of the Aura Systems Interactor Cushion or the ButtKicker. I've got a bunch of the Aura Cushions which I picked up cheap off eBay. I use them as a pillow to sit upon, with another behind my back and another shoved under the rudder pedals. This makes for some serious tactile feedback, I can tell you. Pushing throttles forward or lowering flaps and gear has never been such a moving experience, especially during a thunderstorm. I feel this is an essential piece of simmer's equipment and of course delivers great bang for the buck as you can continue to use it when playing your favourite first person (historical of course) shooter, if you're of a violent disposition, after a hard day of FS development... ;)

Guest kilotango

Could i get a little word inside this."Got some money to spend? Ideas?"Take your women out, spend a good evening dinner and slowly begin to talk about some plans you have (in flying high).Then you'll see.....Well, my opinions about flying, WW2 aircrafts. (Shockwave is a good choice). No gps, ifr a.s.o. I close them all.An old radio signal in morse code reaching 60 miles out, thats all i need to feel flying.Take care when you choose food, let her do her own.Have a nice day.Cheers

Guest Roadkill

I have had just a few "Ah ha" moments in flight simming...those occasions when an addon virtually remade the experience for me. Those addons which gave me the biggest boost (and least buyer's regret) were: (1) Ultimate Terrain, (2) Genesis mesh, (3) BEV (although I've heard largely kind words about Ground Environment), and (4) Active Sky 6.5.

>I'll add another vote for Ultimate Terrain and Ground>Environment. Amazing stuff, especially if you like general>aviation flying. + 1 here

I went to this Multi-monitor site and looked at the 3 monitor system. It appears to have ONLY ONE picture spred out over three monitors. Does anyone know if you could buy this 3 monitor system and have 3 DIFFERENT views (one view on each screen) on it. Say example, the forward view on the center monitor, the 45 degree Left view on the left monitor and the 45 degree Right view on the Right monitor.(the left and right views when your inside the aircraft and push #7 or #9 on the key pad).What about the outside "Chase View"? Could you put three DIFFERANT outside views on it? Jerry

Finally decided on the TrackIR! Cool!! Take some time to getting used too though. Motion sickness anyone? ;-)

Hey Nick,Oh yeah Track Ir4 is the way to go. I have used mine for a while now and find it hard going back to the 2D panel especailly with the addons mentioned. While you are at it why don't you try FS Genesis and a must have is ASV6 to enhance your weather experience. I recently purchased 3D glasses from www.eyecessories.com for about $35 USD (including shipping from Australia) and after initial setup with my Nvidia card I feel that it has added a whole new level to my flight sim experience.I purchased Captain Sim's C-130 the other day and all I have to say about that is wow!! It is the most pleasing AC both visually and in its handling characteristics and is a must have. When you are finished with your purchases you may want to consider visiting www.FS-GS.com and look at doing the system unification. You will not believe who good the sim looks and how smoothly the sim runs afterwards. So good luck and happy shopping.

\Robert Hamlich/