Sign in to follow this  
Guest krswen

Opinions on FSD products ....

Well Tim, it's not working for me. Please check your email. I too had a new link sent, but i still get the same error codes when trying to activate!!!!Error code this, error code that, same old, same old. Ho hum.

Guest TMMT

I just repurchased the Seneca again based upon the response to this thread.I really liked this bird, when it first came out I spent many hours flying this little guy all over the virtual world.I hope to relive some of those flights very soon.Lets all give them the benefit of the doubt and see where it goes.

Guest SilverCircle

>Perhaps, just perhaps, the next time some flightsim enthusiast>downloads an illegal copy he will think about what he is doing>to his own "community":-)No, he certainly won't.Because, the typical argument which shows up as an excuse in almost every single piracy discussion is the simple (but wrong) logic that someone who downloads it from some dubious site would never pay for it, because he a) doesn't want to pay:( cannot afford to payc) whatever else sorry reason for not paying could be found...The conclusion of that (wrong) argument is, in most cases, that downloading a illegal copy doesn't hurt anyone, because if the person cannot download it, he would simply have skipped but never purchased it. So, no monetary loss for anyone.At first, this *does* indeed sound logical, but, of course, it isn't, because the number of *potential* customers who download it for free but would otherwise (if it wasn't available for download) at least consider to pay for it, is certainly not zero.Of course, those who doing it will (sadly) never think about it this way.And, it hurts (indirectly) in other ways as well.Developers and publishers have to invent (or buy from 3rd party vendors) complex and sometimes costly methods of copy protection which, in turn, are often a pita for the honest and paying customers. And finally, followup issues with copy protection methods increase support costs (how many "my key doesn't work" requests does such a add-on vendor get every day? - i have no idea, but its probably a very frequent event.)

>No, he certainly won't.>Because, the typical argument which shows up as an excuse in almost every single piracy discussion is the simple (but wrong) logic that someone who downloads it from some dubious site would never pay for it, because he a) doesn't want to pay:( cannot afford to payc) whatever else sorry reason for not paying could be found...Although your view is correct it reveals the sad state of mind that many thieves seem to have about "fellow simmers in their own community" Thieves rarely care about the damage done to others as long as they have what they want at no costs to themselves:-(Last I looked, theft is still theft and thieves are still thieves...nowdays, thieves revel in their accomplishments...not too many years ago, to be known as a thief was a shameful thing.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest SilverCircle

>>Because, the typical argument which shows up as an excuse in>almost every single piracy discussion is the simple (but>wrong) logic that someone who downloads it from some dubious>site would never pay for it, because he >>a) doesn't want to pay>:( cannot afford to pay>c) whatever else sorry reason for not paying could be>found...>>>Although your view is correct it reveals the sad state of mind>that many thieves seem to have about "fellow simmers in their>own community" Thieves rarely care about the damage done to>others as long as they have what they want at no costs to>themselves:-(Sure they don't. There isn't any difference to a "real world" thief who breaks into your house and takes all your stuff. He probably won't feel sorry for you when doing so.The only difference is, that people who upload software or other protected material (I consider them the *real* thieves, because their actions are actually what creates the damage - if none would upload or share it, nobody could download it) feel much more safe than someone who breaks into a house. The risk of facing consequences for posting material on some p2p network is actually minimal. A small company most likely does not have the resources and money to effectively track them down and take legal action. The big players may have more possibilities, but when even MS is not able to stop people from pirating their software, how should a small company do it?It's a sad thing, but I'am afraid there isn't any solution. The internet just reflects our society and, like in the real world, there are honest and dishonest people. When laws cannot stop people from killing others, they will also not stop people from stealing.

Bert,Did you manage to integrate them in the VC as well. The only problem I had with the Seneca are these somewhat awkward simulation of the garmin units in the Seneca (steam gauge version). Could you show us a picture...:)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Couldn't agree more Alex. The worst thieves are the ones who not only steal, but then uploads it for others to steal:-( Sort of like the guy who robs your home then puts the items on the market for anyone to take.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I am planning to put it on-line at the Reality-XP site, Users files, once it is finished to my liking and I've got FSD's approval to post.

Bert

Lookijng forward to it Bert, much appreciated cause it's a great flyer..BTW speaking of great developers the Dreamfleet Archer III is also released...:)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest Mesa

'You have our ironclad quarantee.Tim Dickens'In that case, you will have my business again! Although my natural skepticism will force me to wait a little longer and keep an eye on this thread (especially what happens with you Dougal) but I am very encouraged by this and will look forward to getting the O-2A at least. Thank you!

I have just resent my email again.If this thread really does have the promising outcome it suggests, then it goes to prove that this type of thread really are a good thing, AND that developers DO and ARE actually listening.Eagerly looking forward to flying my Porter.