Sign in to follow this  
Guest TedL

FS9 & FSX

Guest TedL

Had FS9 but then a new conputer so installed FSX. Now would also like to use FS9. My question is: Would there be a problem installing FS9 'on top of' FSX? It's usually the other way round. Has anyone done it this way round?TedL

Guest wayupthere

>installing FS9 'on top of' FSX?I assume you mean, using FS9 BESIDE FSX.. Answer yes, just install in different directory (some uses did loose the registry entry to fs9 when removing X but F1 has a fix for that)... As for using add-ons, just check the Publisher of the add-on if the 9 is able to be used in X and v.v

Guest TedL

Hi, Yes, I suppose I do really. I meant that, when on my old computer, FS9 was already on there when I installed FSX and they both ran OK depending which one you loaded. With the new computer it was 'clean' when I installed FSX, Now I want to also install FS9. I wouldn't think it would cause a problem but I just wondered if anyone had done it this way round.TedLIntel 6700 Core2Duo 2GB RamNVidia GeForce 7950GTWindows XP ProfTriple Head 2 Go - 3x 17" Videosonic (brilliant - I could never go back to one screen)

That's the order I did it, on a new CPU. Have had no problems with installing, CTD's, or addons. L.Adamson