Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Logbook, Navlog, and flight planner problems in FS2004

So THAT's where Microsoft hid the darn thing! Geez, you'd think Microsoft didn't want anyone to find it! What's even stranger though, is that I did a search for the fs9.cfg file in my C: drive using Windows Explorer it failed to the file!Scott

I couldn't agree with you more, John! In general, the FS flight planner does indeed leave a lot to be desired. It's not entirely useless, however. Occasionally it will come up with a better flight path than FSNavigator does (so long as you aren't trying to fly across either the Atlantic or Pacific!)...Scott

Guest PARADISE

I think you may have already found it, but the LOG_FILE is found in your FS9.cfg. CTD stands for Crash To Desktop. It's when your simulated flight vaporizes into the world of the unknown microchips.John M

Go to the Avsim Library, search for fsasv1111.zip in the FS2004 section. It's a nice little app which many (most?) simmers use, and written by Ken Salter - ( all-round walking knowledgebase, ands one of the moderators here on the FSX forum). It's quite easily configured for any number of profiles, FS9, FSX, etc.: somewhat like msconfig - you enter the auto-started, running applictions and services which you don't need - and want to stop, and then enter the programs you want started. This is all done through a fairly common-sense, user-friendly interface. When you click the - say "AutoStart FS9" icon it will clean up and optimize your system's memory, stop all the stuff you want stopped, and will then start what you want started - for e.g it will start ActiveSky, followed by TrackIR, followed by SnapShot, followed by FDC, followed by FS9. When you're done it will restart all the stopped stuff.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks, John! "CTD" is a new one on me! Very appropriate, though (G)!Actually, the problem I was having with the logbook (which thanks to you and the others I finally fixed!) only happened after I exited FS9 (because I have the make log entry option turned on). The thing in FS9 that causes the most CTDs happens when I which from full view to a window view and then try to change back. I've recently discovered that hitting the Windows key on the keyboard is a safer way to get out of and back into full view that trying to do it within FS9!Scott