Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Wilco/Feelthere 737PIC & ATC

When flying a 737PIC aircraft I noticed that the pilot will say different things to the ATC depending on which vairant I'm flying. While flying the 737-300 the pilot will report the flight number when contacting ATC and follow with "type is Boeing 737". When flying the 737PIC -500 the pilot meerly says "With you" following the flight number while anouncing his presence in the ATC's airspace. While flying the 737-400 the pilot reports his aircraft is type "experimental"! I've tried to track down where this is coming from so I can change it to "Boeing 737" (I'd like to do the same with the -500), but without success so far. I thought it might be in the aircraft.cfg file, but apparently this isn't the case. If someone could tell me where and how I can correct this, I'd appreiate it. It's a bit irksome to hear a 737 identified as "experimental"!Scott Miller

When you select the aircraft you can easily change the callsign and flight number. When you start up the sim click on "selected aircraft" then at the bottom there is an option to change "ATC name". Click on that and change to the correct atc name and flight number. Hope this helps,Scott

I don't think thats it. The problem is having the pilot report the aircraft type as "experimental" in the case of the 737PIC 737-400 or not at all in the case of the 737PIC 737-500, not the atc name or flight number. I'll double check though, just to be sure...Thanks for the help!Scott

Guest phamk

Hi,You're right, you have to change it in the Aircraft.cfgSearch for:[General]atc_type=atc_model=type must be BOEING or you get Experimentalmodel must be B733 or B734 or B735 etcIf these are correct you get the correct ATC callsRegardsAad

Thanks, Bill & Aad! No wonder I couldn't find "experimental" in the aircraft.cfg file when I did a search for it! I must say it was sloppy of Wilco to leave the atc_type= and atc_model= lines in the aircraft.cfg file blank for the 737-400 like that!They also mispelled an airline's name, too. I found that they had misspelled "airline" in the title line for the Northwest 737! In all fairness to Wilco, though, I think it was PMDG who also misspelled an airline's name. Strangely enough, I think it was also Northwest! How either this mistake or the "experimental" mistake got through the beta testing without being noticed by someone is beyond me!Scott