Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Cost Indexes

Hi.Does anyone know if there is a list of cost indexes for various airlines? I know they don't publish them but has anyone compiled any kind of list?What CI do people use for the following airlines?:-Singapore Airlines-Cathay Pacific-Thomson-Ryanair-Lufthansa-KLM-BAThanks for any help.Andy S

Andy,Cost indexes (CIs) vary from aircraft type to aircraft type within a company as well. And is changed periodically to reflect changes in crew, fuel and maintenance costs to name a few. The CI is a very dynamic animal and thus you will hardly find any lists.PS. I know Scandinavian used CI 36 for their NG fleet in 2003.Hope it helps,

Guest ruudpel

A KLM 747-400 Captain told me they use a cost index of anywhere between 100 and 150

I think Cathay is 80, or at least their Cargo division

Cost indexes for airlines are generally TOP SECRET. Being aware of fuel use planning is obviously a competitive advantage.All but a handful of sims do nothing with the CI, even if they ask you to input it.I usually just set it to 100, and go.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Guest vrandar

British Airways (wef December 06) Airbus Fleet A319/A320/A321: Climb CI = 0, Cruise CI = 20 Boeing Fleet Boeing 737-300/400 and 500 Series: Climb CI = 0, Cruise CI = 28Boeing 747-400: Climb CI = 0, Cruise CI = 90Boeing 757-200 and Boeing 767-300: Climb CI = 0, Cruise CI = 40Boeing 777-200: Climb CI = 0, Cruise CI = 100 GB Airways Airbus A320 and A321: CI = 35 BMED Airbus A320 and A321: CI = 25Comair Boeing 737-300: CI = 30 Rob Elliott, EGPE InvernessPSS Airbus Support andAirbus Fleet Training Captain, British Airways Virtual airbus@speedbirdonline.co.ukhttp://www.speedbirdonline.co.uk/airbus.htmlhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk