Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stan V

Model files for Veneaviones's Turbo Aero Commander 690B of yesterday?

Guest Stan V

Two Rockwell Turbo Aero Commander 690B repaints in PEMEX livery were posted in AVSIM File Library yesterday and the model files referenced in their aircraft.cfg entries were "model.tcommvenea" and "model.tcommvenea-wl". The only Veneaviones base packages I could find for this aircraft contained model files "model" and "model.vc". Does anyone know a source for the referenced model files?Stan V

Guest tango papa

Thats a bit confusing! I would check a different texture file, and compare the model designation. I know the .wl, is for the winglet model. Can't supply much more help than that.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest Stan V

Yes, it is confusing and I agree with you that "-wl" probably stands for "winglet". However, all of the downloads I checked, whether for the winglet base model or the non-winglet base model, have two model files named "model" and "model.vc" respectively where the "vc" suffix stands for "virtual cockpit". That leaves me still searching for the two model files I found referenced in these latest repaints. Has anybody else installed these repaints and if so, what did you assume for the model filenames?Stan V.

Stan,I have the earlier base model package, winglets version. Looking inside the model folder, the model is named tcommvenea_wl.mdl. Inside the model.vc folder, the model is named tcommvenea_wlvc_mdl.Their sizes, respectively, are 2.19 MB and 2.55 MB.I installed one of the new texture uploads you are referring to into my base package, and it works fine...both vc and non-vc.But you have to copy over some of the texture files from one of the earlier paints if you want window glass, wheels, etc.John

Stan,Just to be clear...it works fine, but you'll have to edit theaircraft.cfg file you end up using so that the model line simply reads model= or model=vc. Ditch the aircraft.cfg that came with the PEMEX and just tack your PEMEX repaint onto an earlier aircraft.cfg file from the base package.John

Guest Stan V

John,Congratulations - I think you sucessfully broke the code. I took the Veneaviones base model with winglets and renamed the corresponding model files to model.wl and model.wlvc respectively. Then I added a new aircraft.cfg section corresponding to one of the repaints from yesterday (winglet option) and changed its model reference to one of my new model files. I could have referenced either of my new model files depending on whether I wanted to use the 2D panel or the VC version of the panel file. Finally, I duplicated an original texture file from the base model, renamed it to the new PEMEX xc-gas, and then overwrote its files with the new texture files from yesterday's repaint. It all worked like a champ. All textures look as expected in FS2004. The very same procedure can easily be applied to the non-winglet base model only instead of model.wl and model.wlvc, you would have model and model.vc which is exactly what the original base version filenames were to start with. Thank you very much - I didn't think to look at the mdl filenames.Stan V.