Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Landing @ LAX (filemon shows Freeflow...

I have been trying to solve a dreaded short final Out of Memory error with the PMDG 747. One of the things i've noticed in filemon is that whether landing in Chicago (KORD), KBOS, or KLAX, or KSEA, the sim is calling for scenery from Freeflow Bermuda. Is it normal for the sim to be calling for scenery from so far away? The calls are successful, but I was just wondering why scenery from so far away is coming into play.

>I have been trying to solve a dreaded short final Out of>Memory error with the PMDG 747. One of the things i've>noticed in filemon is that whether landing in Chicago (KORD),>KBOS, or KLAX, or KSEA, the sim is calling for scenery from>Freeflow Bermuda. Is it normal for the sim to be calling for>scenery from so far away? The calls are successful, but I was>just wondering why scenery from so far away is coming into>play.I'd say it's "normal"....for FSX. I never had the occasion torun FileMon on FS9, since I get very good performancein that sim.As to FSX, I suspect there is a bug or two that I'm HOPING Aces isaware of that will be squashed with the first patch.I noticed on some flights I made in Nova Scotia that FSXwas loading my Tallinn, Estonia scenery. Thus the "normal" quip :)Looking at the FileMon log, I'm surprised that ANYONE canrun FSX with any success at all! Paul

Wide-5.jpg

I think there might be a situation where addon scenery libraries are treated as having global applicability. Is the FF file a library?scott s..