Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacilore

I've lost all right side power. Which files could be affected?

Guest jacilore

Hello all:During some trials I have been doing with a little tool I was testing for installing addons, I must have made some involuntary changes in my FS config, but the fact is every aircraft I try to fly, does not have power on its right side.In order not to complicate my explanations, at first I simply want to ask you the simple question, regardless of how the tool I was trying could have produced this failure. So the question isAnyone knows which files could be involved in this kind of failure?Thanks anticipatedjacilore

Guest jacilore

Thrust. As I try to take off, my aircraft would start to turn as it only has thrust in one side (Asymetrical power)Thanks for your interest.

your throttle control has gone to one engine. through some combination of things you may have broken the connection between your joystick/yoke/throttle and equal thrust.simple fix restart FSmore complicated -go throught your FS settings (from within the sim) and confirm thrust is set for all engines to the same devicefinal and much more complicated -remove the FS9.cfg to your desktop. restart FS (will make a new file at FS9's default settings). test if things work. if so you will need to copy all 'FS9.cfg hacks' from the cfg file you moved onto the desktop back into the 'new' FS9.cfg file.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

If you're using FSUIPC, you may want to check that the "map to 4 engines" option is checked in the throttle axis page, in the joysticks tab if I remember right.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Why has NO ONE suggested the drop-dead simplest possible solution?Press E, 1, 2 for twinsPress E, 1, 2, 3 for three engine a/cPress E, 1, 2, 3, 4 for four engine a/cIt's quite possible that somewhere along the line only E, 1 was selected (assigning control to engine 1 ONLY.This assignment will persist until manually changed, regardless of whether you shut down the sim & restart or not... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jacilore

Hi all: Thanks for the replies; I've been too busy so I had only been able to read you, not to try your advices. Anyway, now I have been able to see that:- The problem itself seems to be that the fuel supply is cut off for the right side engines. By clicking CTRL+E, both side engines start, one after another, but that's not the way I would like to solve it- It's clear that if I erase fs9.cfg, FS9 creates another that doesn't have my problem, but I would like to save my other fs9.cfg configuration and I don't know how to do it- Anyway I can't see how the thrust is selected in flightsim (I have only seen the errors configuration, but I don't think that has anything to do.- The map to 4 engines (w6kd), I can't find in my joystick menu; anyway, the only engines related item I have in my joystick is the sliding throttle wheel. Am I missing something?So does anyone know why could be fuel supply of my right engines cut off, or where in my fs9.cfg could be that configuration set?Thanks again to allJacilore

jacilore:remove the 'tweeked/hacked' FS9.cfg to your desktop.one at a time copy the hacks/tweeks from the old cfg into the new cfg. this is imporant as you will then know which 'hack/tweek' caused the fuel cutoff challenge.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Guest jacilore

Hi scoob. Sorry for my ignorance, but, what is the "hacks/tweeks" from my old fs9.cfg??. Thanks.

>So does anyone know why could be fuel supply of my right>engines cut off, or where in my fs9.cfg could be that>configuration set?This sounds like a problem with a setting in the last.flt or the default flight.Try starting up FS9, open the create a flight menu, select the default Cessna 172 at Seattle Tacoma International. Start the flight, then save the flight as your default flight, then switch to the plane you want to fly.In general, your default flight should always be a default airplane at a default airport. Once it's saved as the default flight, that's what FS will load as it enters the create-a-flight menu.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

a 'hack' or a 'tweek' is a change to the FS9.cfg file that is not possible throught FS.examples -TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400 TextureMaxLoad =10 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.7RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.0RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0FSSound.dll=1SOARRec.dll=1PSS-Dash8.gau=1PSS-Dash8Q.gau=1ADF2mod.dll=1Tablefog=0and everything done through FSUIPC.the above (and many others) are to improve the performance of FS and are not items supported by microsoft and have come from users 'playing' with settings outside of FS9's editing abilities.as these are not listed as options by microsoft they are 'hacks' and/or 'tweeks.'--