Sign in to follow this  
matta757

Need help with Chris Jeanne's 737NG Panel

Hey all,I am having a problem with Chris Jeanne's wonderful 737NG panel. Each time I use a plane with the panel, after a little while (usually while I'm sitting waiting for takeoff, although it's happened while flying too) the panel just "shuts off". It's almost like I have turned the avionics off, all the screens go blank and I need to re-select the aircraft in the aircraft menu. Anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it?Thanks,Matt

Hi,I have also encountered this problem with some panel/aircraft combinations. What I did was to make some adjustments on the "Elecrical" key header in the Aircraft.cfg file.You can try to change the following (Elecrical) entries in the Aircraft.cfg file inorder to look exactly as below:avionics_bus = 2, 2, 0avionics = 2, 2, 0Try it out, and see if the panel doesn

Staffan

I agree with Staffan - it's probably the electrics, which are controlled by the aircraft.cfg. Here's the complete section from my 737-700 (Experience) cfg file:[electrical]//BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus,4-7=Generator/AlternatorBus(1-4)max_battery_voltage = 24generator_alternator_voltage = 28max_generator_alternator_amps = 160electric_always_available = 1flap_motor= 0, 1 , 1gear_motor = 4, 1 , 1light_wing = 0, 1 , 1light_logo = 0, 1 , 1autopilot = 0, 5 , 1avionics_bus = 0, 5, 1avionics = 1, 5 , 1pitot_heat= 0, 2 , 1additional_system = 2, 1, 1marker_beacon = 1, 1 , 1gear_warning = 0, 1 , 1fuel_pump = 0, 1 , 1starter1 = 0, 1, 1light_nav = 0, 1 , 1light_beacon = 0, 1 , 1light_landing = 0, 1 , 1light_taxi = 0, 1 , 1light_strobe = 0, 1 , 1light_panel = 0, 1 , 1 This setup overcomes the problem of battery drain. You can copy and paste it direct into your cfg file - but please make a backup first in case of error. Also a good idea not to overwrite the original [electrical] section and its entries - just REM them out by adding a semicolon at the start of the lines so that FS ignores them.;)

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello,I just add this line under the electricals section:electric_always_available = 1Works like a charm. if the .cfg does not have it just add the line. In some .cfgs its =0 in which case just change it to =1:)

Interesting..never heard of this panel. Where can one grab it?Cheers,Neil

Hey,Yeah, it's a really great panel! On Avsim.com just look up "737-800 chris jeanne" under the "Flight Simulator 2004 - Panels" section. MattP.S. Thanks for all the help guys, haven't had a chance to try it but I'm sure it will work now!