Sign in to follow this  

Alphasim vs IRIS

How does the work by these two developer compare? Do you like one over the other?I have the new SR-71 and the B-1B by Alphasim, but have no experience with Iris. Do they have a comparable level of quality?

Guest Knikolaes

Never even heard of Iris. Have a link to their site? I searched the web and found everything in the world for the word Iris except anythign FS related.

I haven't bought any of Iris's recent releases, but my previous experience says Alphasim are a shade ahead, but it's close.

Looks like IRIS is DSB Design. They have a lot of awesome freeware, some of the best. I always wondered if they had payware. lol

I have the Iris F15C, the panel is ok and the VC is the same but the exterior is nice. I dont do much flying out of the cockpit so for me I am a little disappointed but not enough so that I dont enjoy flying the F15. The loadouts for it are great though quite alot of options as far as that goes. I really wish for an F15 F14 similar to the Cloud 9 F4 or the Old Lago F16 (which it seems is being done by the same people now with Aerosoft for FSX). The VRS F/A 18E is also looking real nice cant wait for that.http://www.vrsimulations.com/product_FA18E.htm

Guest Knikolaes

WOW! You're right. That F18 looks sweet! If they do a VC to match that quality I'll be pouncing on that like a kid in the candy store . . . .

I think the screenshots show only the VC and not a 2d panel yet. There was a big thread on the Alphasim forum as they will be selling it on their site.