Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Weird ground texture problem.

I'll post the same question on Visual Flight's forum, but since I think it might be something driver-related (not sure) I put this up here first. Someone might have seen it already.When taxing to the Eastern side of Visual Flight's (London) EGLC I'm hit with a repeated trashing of the ground textures. It always happens closer to the eastern end of the runway, see here:http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/Dirk98/Washedout.jpg

The weird part is I see this washing out at a certain angle first, then it just gets worse. But still I can manage to see the normal textures at certain narrow agles by turning my head (TIR) or browsing with Active Camera mouse:http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/Dirk98/Normal.jpgWhat I do - I start moving around in 3D pit or I go to spot view and try to steer looking from the top. It's easier from the top to find an anlge where the ground texture still holds. But one wrong move and it is all washed out, then again browsing with the mouse I find the working angle of view.

Can it be an AFCAD problem there? Very strange, I have never seen it before in FS9. Reminds me of Falcon4 if you know what I mean. I messed with AFCAD fixing something, might have screwed up, but did it according to the patches and small fixes standard for VFLondon. Something with the Flatten numbers? I don't think so, since the wheels don't sink (for what it matters) and I can still find an angle at which the normal texture holds. Interesting, I don't know if it is related, I've never seen it when moving from the eastern end of the rwy or just taking off from there.I'm very much anxious about disturbing my otherwise perfect installation. You all know how much time it costs you.Any ideas please?Many thanks.GFX: 7900GTX, FW 93.71

Will bump for a few days. :-)