Sign in to follow this  
matta757

"Protection Error" with FDSFX Sound Panel

Hi all,I know all I have been doing is asking questions and you guys have been great about providing answers, so thanks for that. I have another problem... I tried to install the FDSFX sound panel into FS9 and I followed the step by step instructions and it SEEMED to have worked. I was able to find the panel under the view options BUT when I clicked to open it I got an error message that said "Protection Error" (I believe from FS9, it had the FS9 symbol next to it on the task bar).Does anyone know how I can correct this problem?I also have one more question. Is there a way to change how far up or down the view moves when I pan-up or pan-down? In some of my planes, when I pan up or down the change is too much and I want something a little more gradual. Anyone know how to do this?Thanks so much for any help!Matt

For the FDSFX issue are you using Windows Vista by chance?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest PARADISE

Big Brother is watching.......:-kewl John M

Guest PARADISE

>>>I also have one more question. Is there a way to change how>far up or down the view moves when I pan-up or pan-down? In>some of my planes, when I pan up or down the change is too>much and I want something a little more gradual. Anyone know>how to do this?>>Thanks so much for any help!>>MattI'm not sure if you're talking about the VC pan rate, but this can be adjusted in the FS9.cfg file. The lower the number the slower the pan rate.John M

Well that's a first I've ever heard of a protection fault for the FDSFX panel... I am the author of the addon and we have had over 100,000 downloads to date. Mmmmm.... I would say start over from scratch with the 737-400 tutorial. If it happens again, send me a shout over email.ClutchProject 9 Dragonswww.MileHighProducions.cwhnetworks.com

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I have XP and received an update from Microsoft for XP. It's called,"Windows Genuine Advantage Notification"Has something to do with software piracy.I didn't install it and don't want to. They might be trying to do to XP what they did for Vista and their anti-piracy campaign.

I have recently downloaded this Tweak guide for Xp at this site. You will also need an Adobe reader version 5 or above. It has a brief section on Microsoft Genuine Advantage.http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.htmlYou posted a "Protection Error" message. FS9 is a Microsoft product running in Microsoft's Windows Xp. FDSFX is not a Microsoft product.

Oh I see. Well I will certainly try it.ThanksMatt
Matt,have you found a way to avoid the protection error and system hold?Thanks,Fritz