Sign in to follow this  
Guest d-man777

Advice about UT

Guest d-man777

Hey, Simmers,I was thinking about getting Ultimate Terrain for fs9. Mainly because I hate the default shorelines. I was hoping you would offer advice about how well it works with my other addons as well as how often it breaks things (I've read problems with runways, boats, etc. not playing well with new shorelines).I have:- All the FSG 38m meshes + US landclass- BEV summer- Megascenery Nor Cal v2Their site says it plays well the the FSG meshes, but does the UT landclass conflict with FSG's? Any other conflicts with my stuff or even other scenery packages I don't have?Thanks for your time,Dennis

Guest ThrottleUp

I have all the UTs. Initially I had some shoreline problems (double-shorelines) but then found out that it was easy to fix: You just start UT, disable everything & close it..then open it and enable (click all checkboxes you want) all the goodies again.BTW I only had to do that once :)Now theres no problems whatsoever and I will tell you that it has TRANSFORMED the sim for me. You will wonder how you flew without it. If you fly GA a lot then its great because you can follow all the roads and that kind of thing. But its brilliant even if you fly the heavy iron because as you takeoff or come in on approach it really cranks up the realism! I use UT with FS Global & FS Genesis freeware mesh and have no problems.They have done a great job and Im very happy with the UT series. Highly recommended :)

Guest TomOOO

DennisI have UT Europe and think it a great product.1) You have Megascenery which I believe is a photographic seneryadd on. I have a photographic scenery of part of the UK anduninstalled it cos I was not happy with it after comparing it with UT.. I don't know exactlywhat will happen with both - but I would assume if the photographicscenery object is above UT in the scenery list then it will overlayfor the UT so you will get your photographic scenery while in the califonia area.2)The reviews here show that UT works with BEV and FSG. Look up youscreen, click on the reviews and you will find a review exactly on UT USA + FGS + BEV - so read the review RegardsTomI have UT - EuropeGE - proFS Terrain. I am really happy with this.

Guest d-man777

Well, after much consideration, I decided to go get Ultimate Terrain. So I downloaded the installer and waited 2hrs for the data file to download. I launched the "wrapper" file and a red flag came up. So, I did a search of the forums and found several posts which reinforced my concern. This seems most convoluted, paranoia-ridden installer I've ever seen. Downloading key files, linking each program with 4 digits from the credit card used for purchase and an email address?!? How many more variables can they throw into this process which will potentially prevent me from installing the software I purchased in the future? Not only that, how do I know that this company will be around in 3 years when I want to reinstall my software?I'm so tired of all of this runaround which does so little to prevent software piracy. I'm the guy who is ACTUALLY BUYING this software--why make my life difficult? It's the same reason I still buy CD's and make my own mp3's. I can't bring myself to "sorta" buy stuff from iTunes or the others. Anybody hear of fair use? If I pay for it, I should be able to use it the way that is most convenient for me--and just me.End rant.Needless to say, I'm going to exercise my right as a consumer and won't be buying UT unless it's available on disc without laborious online registration. So, back to my original reason for buying it--fixing shorelines. Are there any other packages, pay or free, which address the hokey default shorelines? Thanks for bearing with my little tantrum.

Back up all your UT files in one folder and/or up on a disk, and they should re-install just fine. I've run mine two or three times no problem.The anti-piracy stuff is a pain (as well as useless, really) but all my Flight1 stuff works very well and the customer support was good.

Don't know what you're talking about, Dennis. The Flight1 wrapper/purchase system is the most requested download facility by almost everyone in the sim world. It works flawlessly, across a multitude of products, and with the same interface for re-downloads and re-installations, if you need. I use FSGenesis NA Mesh and LandClass, GE Pro, UT USA and Canada/Alaska plus ActiveSky v6.5 and Flight Environment. They complement each other to the degree that I have lost any interest in all the advances of FS10.Add to this the quality of the other products which they sell, along with the facility to kill the deal if you don't like it - you can't find better anywhere. Don't believe me? - do a search on this forum, and compare the comments to those complaining about other sites, other policies and ease of use.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest d-man777

Thanks for the feedback, Paul. When I originally searched the forums, I found several people complaining that if their email address or credit card had changed, re-installing became a horrible chore if not impossible. There were many claims which made it sound that there were a limited number of installs for a license, and it required online certification. If this is not the case then I have given these complaints too much weight.Is is possible to backup the install files and the key file and never worry about being able to install in the future? To me this is acceptable. If this is true, then the complaints I read may have been for those not responsible enough to care for what they've purchased and merely complaining about Flight 1 not jumping through hoops to bail them out. I just worry about having to rely on the company down the road.Perhaps I've judged too soon.

Guest ArtieLange

>Thanks for the feedback, Paul. When I originally searched>the forums, I found several people complaining that if their>email address or credit card had changed, re-installing became>a horrible chore if not impossible. There were many claims>which made it sound that there were a limited number of>installs for a license, and it required online certification. >If this is not the case then I have given these complaints too>much weight.>>Is is possible to backup the install files and the key file>and never worry about being able to install in the future? To>me this is acceptable. If this is true, then the complaints I>read may have been for those not responsible enough to care>for what they've purchased and merely complaining about Flight>1 not jumping through hoops to bail them out. I just worry>about having to rely on the company down the road.>>Perhaps I've judged too soon.You can always get replacement keys, lost passwords, order numbers from Flight1. They have been around for some time I think, and the nice thing is you never have to pay for extra downloads like simmarket. If you are not good about backing things up and loose a HD, no problem, just re download the product at no extra cost. The key replacement, lost password etc are automatic and take just a few seconds to get.

You can get the CD version of UT from Flight1 If you like. If you look at Flight1'S return policy and within the time limit you can retur the download add a few bucks and get the CD. Talk to them. They will work with you where they can to make sure you are satisfied with your purchase. They stand on their support. Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)HP Media CenterPentium D 2.80 GHz Duel2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 6200SEConexant Falcon II NTSCXP SP2

Guest tango papa

I've need to reinstall UT at least 4 times due to HD problems, and each time I had no problems getting what I needed to restore my files. The Flight1 system works just the way they say. I would make one suggestion, keep a paper record of all keys, codes, order numbers, and whatever, in a notebook. A backup of files and info on CD/DVD is a good alternative. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Good Man! Yup. You can see from the other comments - Flight1 is one of the top simsales organizations.Just take screen prints of each document as it happens, and paste it/them into a word document or save them as html. You can also burn your "License" file/folder to a CD or another drive if you wish - and always print (and file) this stuff as well. At some point you may have to email or talk to somebody, and most people, particularly the developers are accomodating and easy to get along with. Being demanding and arrogant - particularly in a public forum like this (especially when your email ISP is blocking their emails!) is not the best way to get their cooperation. But there are folks that do this. . . . .Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest neslesman

I always mail myself my download records, registrations and important passwords etc. (crudely coded) to both a permanent Hotmail and a G Mail account. That way if the computer goes, the backup drive goes, Microsoft goes bankrupt (LOL))everything gets stolen or there is a fire I always have a backup on the web. Those free accounts are useful for all kinds of things.I wouldn't do it with my Swiss bank codes but for minor items like FS9 downloads you can't beat it.