Sign in to follow this  

FS9 Control file

Does anyone know the name of the cfg file in fs9 where the control settings are stored? I use the dodo which requires specific tweeked control settings that are non standard and i grow weary of having to change them every time i want to fly something else and then having to change them back when i am done. I would like to setup a batch file to run depending on if its dodo or another aircraft i fly to rename the cfg files. Anyone know?________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Hey there. I have the Dodo as well. You do not have to go through all that. What I do is have several FS9 cfg files saved in a folder called FS9 cfg files. In that folder, I have three other folders, one is for the Dodo, one is for regular helicopters, and one for AC. Set up the Dodo, then copy and paste the cfg in the folder named Dodo. Do the same after setting up each type of aircraft. This way, when you want to fly the Dodo, you just copy and paste the backup overwriting the cfg that is current. If you want to change back to AC, just copy and paste again. This way it only takes a minute. Good luck. I hope this helps.

"Does anyone know the name of the cfg file in fs9 where the control settings are stored..."I believe that would be the FS9.cfg located in "C:Documents and Settings*Your Name*Application DataMicrosoftFS9". It's a hidden file so you have to have "Show hidden files" enabled in Windows Folder options.There's a batch file already out there somewhere that lets you select alternate .cfg files on startup, but I wouldn't have a clue where to find it. It does basically what Jeff said, but lets you enter a number to select the .cfg from a list, then starts the sim with the new settings. Somebody did this on one of the forums somewhere I think, try a few searches maybe.Jim

Thanks guys but I figured it out shortly after I posted. I was confused on the naming they used in the fs9.cfg file and it threw me. I ended up having to reconfigure everything because the dodo would not for some reason pick up my throttle and collective after I set things to default for the airplane config. I spent over an hour trying to fix it and finally it took. I love that bird but it is a serious pain to get it to work and still use fs9 for anything else. I have 3 different configs now that i manually rename before each fs9 launch depending on what i want to fly.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup