Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

Why is it so ugly?

Guest Pilot533

Well just took the plane up to the congo to see if it would be any different in a non utusa area, but it wasn't. I just dont get it.

Hi Mike: You're certainly having a hard time.First - I'm running FSG mesh & landclass, GEPro, UT USA & Canada, ASv6.5 and Flight Environment, and it's fluid beauty over Seattle, locked at 25.I know you're not using an ATI card, and maybe this won't help, but I've found that if I change some - not all - of the settings in my GPU - say "Catalyst A.I." - I will CERTAINLY, ABSOLUTELY get what I'm seeing in your screenshots. The only way I can fix this is to completely unload the ATI drivers, boot to Safe Mode, clean the system32 and temp ati** files, reboot, run RegHealer and then reload the ATI suite. Only then will I get it all back.I don't know what it is with the combination of all these apps and their various configurations; I can't blame UT, as I've been there without it. UT is installed, everything loaded and then most everything unchecked, as it creates shoreline issues and blanks out autogen objects, houses, etc.. I think I rebuilt FS9 about six times in the first week of the holiday, and she's been solid since then.Your fs9.cfg isn't very far from any of those posted, and here's my current file:[DISPLAY.Device.Radeon X1950 Series.0]Mode=1680x1050x16TriLinear=1AntiAlias=1MipBias=4.5[DISPLAY]UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=25TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400TextureMaxLoad=10RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.9 //scales edge, // center,end,touchdown,runwaysRUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.5 //scales VASI/PAPI lightsRUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.5 //scales approach light barsRUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.9 //scales RAILs and ODALs[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=200.00000 // 100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.990000 // 0.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.800000 // 4.00000 // 9.990000 TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=232 // 4 // 0 // 1307992[sCENERY]IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5DYNAMIC_SCENERY=1DYN_SCN_DENSITY=5DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1SUNGLARE=1LENSFLARE=0Hope this helps.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Pilot533

Well Ill try a complete re-install of the drivers, and btw what is the absolute max value that fs will take for those settings?

Guest Camsdad

>>Hmm there is no TEXTUREMAXLOAD in my cfg.. Weird. I just>>started it up again flying over lax with these new settings>>and it looked so bad!! Geeze why cant I just tell fs to>load>>the most detailed textures always.>>Correct. There is no default value in the .cfg, but there is>an implicit default which FS is normally using and I think the>value is 3.>>Here is the original article which actually triggered the>tweak some people are successfully using to improve texture>loading performance.>>http://www.steve-lacey.com/blogarchives/20..._stutters.shtml>(read through the comments as well)>>Please note that this will ONLY work when using a reasonable>upper framerate limit. The key is to find a framerate limit>value which still leaves enough time to enable the background>processing to load more textures within a given time interval.>If you max out your framerate by either setting the limit too>high or set it to "unlimited", then this tweak will have no>effect, because in that case, FS will try to render frames as>fast as possible and the background processing for loading>textures will have to live with the default, minimal,>timeslice. And this can cause blurries, lots of them,>actually.>>Also note that this value must be in the {Display} section.>>You can also search in the forum of vista australis where some>user posted an even more detailed article how to use these>settings.>Steve Lacey's blog about fixing the blurries does not work. I have tested what he said on three different machines all with the same results. Blurries exactly the same on all three. The last machine is an E6800 with 2 gb of ram and 8800 GTX video card. He claims that video card memory starvation is also the cause of the blurries. Well I have plenty of HP and video card memory and still have them. Everything he has claimed for me has been false. I set mine to unlimited and it really smokes. I get the exact same blurries as with very fluid performance set at unlimited. Honestly I feel it is the code that FS9 is written. We have had FS9 for 5 years and I have it on a top of the line machine. It is much faster than it was 5 years ago but it still has the same exact graphics shortfall it had on a lower powered machine I had 5 years ago.

Guest Pilot533

Yeah I agree. Nothing Makes sense anymore, Im really sick and tired of computers, I just want to fly. Ive tried everything, nothing works. Nothing even makes the slightest difference. I did a re-install of the drivers, nothing changes. Heres my last flight with the changes applied, looks pretty #### ugly to me. I would think with my pc I should be getting all high res textures, or is my pc outdated already?untitled-3.jpgsickening....

Guest kittie

I'm sure it's been brought up many times before but if you have the money I would strongly recommend:http://www.fs-gs.com/index.htmlhttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0306/FSGS/fsgs.htmWe recently purchase a computer and had the same problem. The system is top of the line and we felt that we should have much better performance than what we are getting. After the service... all I can say is WOW.I can post some pics if you would like, but I don't want to turn this into and advertisement.computer specs are:Intel Core2 dual 6800ExtremeAsus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe gamingGeForce 7950 GX2 1gig Video Card2 gigs Corsiar Twin2X PC8500 ram2 RaptorX 150gigs in Raid 0Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeThermale Take Armor caseThermal Take 750w powerZalman Fatality cpu fanhuggs.

Guest Pilot533

Yeah I am really starting to think about fsgs, Im probably going to have to use them because this is ridiculous now and my fps should be higher also, nothing I have tried seems to work. If you have any shots I would love to see them.

About six months ago I had a similar problem. It came out that something/some add-on messed with my video card drivers. I reinstalled/updated the drivers and things got a lot better very quickly. Another thing to look at is if you have an older copy of Filight Sim Manager. Run the diagnotics program. If you have the FSM program, reset your system clock back one year so it will run correctly. I recently installed GEPRO II and UT-USA and I had a couple of files that overlapped, FSM corrected/straighten out the problem.Best of luckTom

I would urge you to go to this site... These tweaks made a huge difference to my fairly low end system... Specs below.http://vistaoz.org/smf/index.php?topic=55.0Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaPentium IV 3.0GHz (800FSB) Socket 478 pins CPU w/Hyper-Thread Technology MSI 875P NEO FIS2R, AGP 8X, i875P ICH5R Chipset with Gigiabit Lan2GB PC3200 Double Data Rate (DDR) RAM CAS-2.5- 400MHz RatedNvidia 6800GS 256MbASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCDWestern Digital Raptor 36.0GB HDD IDE, for OS WD 40Gig HD for dataWD 200Gig HD for FSXHercules Game Theater XP, 6.1 speakers Dolby

Hi Mike,Before you try FSGS, why not have a look at the following.Bios Optimizationhttp://www.techarp.com/show.aspx?fileID=18andWindows Tweak Guidehttp://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.htmlMike

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest Pilot533

Thanks for the reply, but I have tried ALL of those things, nothing and I mean NOTHING is helping me, you would think someone has casted a spell on my pc.

Guest kittie

:( Okay here's a few shot's for you. All FS9 as to that's what I mostly fly. (not sure this is gonna work, had to post full size as it won't take the thumbnails with a link on them))Images Removed. Please limit any screenshots posted to a size of 1024x768.

Guest Pilot533

Also I have a question regarding fs-gs, seeing how I have tried just about every trick in the book to get rid of these stupid blurries what could possibly be left to be done? I mean what exactly is fsgs going to be able to do? Do they have some kind of a secret arsenal of tweaks and .cfg settings or something, I really dont see what else can be done besides a complete fs re-install.

Ummm.... I believe those pics are JUST a little too big. Might want to use a photo editing program to reduce the size!!A good program:http://www.irfanview.comJimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Guest Pilot533

From the terrain that I do see in those shots it actually looks blurry to me, are those before or after fsgs? ;)