Sign in to follow this  
Guest kalch

New machine, new install new problem

Guest kalch

Hi all,I just built a machine:e6600 (o/c 3.0)2GB OCZ gold ram (800)GOForce 7600 BFG (old card)and did a fresh 2004 install.Problem is now when I press the "alt" key or "right click" the screen goes black for about half a second, compared to the instantaneous response I used to get on my P4.It slows things down in the cockpit, as you can imagine.Any ideas on how to fix this?Michael

Guest kalch

Here's additional information regarding this:the extended delay seems to take place only when I don't have "antialiasing" checked in the display options (hardware section). The card is 256 mb RAM, BFG GOFORCE 7600. Im beginning to think this is a video card issue.I installed new video card drivers (vista drivers) and when I try to set-up a profile for fs9.exe in the 3d config, it doesn't save it.Any ideas?

I always suffered the same problem (1 sec delay, but no black screen) both with my old 9500Pro and my current 9800Pro. I thought it was an ATI issue. Never been able to get rid of it.The problem disappeared in FSX. Sorry for not being able to help.Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]