Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

777 Professional Nav Radios

I need to be able to manually tune vor/ils frequencies on the Nav radios for the the 777 Professional I just bought! They're not on the radio panel where they should be. Apparently, according to a forum message I found on Just Flight's web site, the Nav radios are normally suppose to be tuned via the FMS, but can be tuned manually. This was on another Just Flight product however. I would have posted this message on that forum but you have to be a registered member to post messaged (just like here). I would have been happy to register but there doesn't appear to be anyway (that I could find) to do that!At any rate, if someone could fill me in on how to manually tune the nav radios on the 777 Professional, I'd appreciate it! Otherwise I'm dead in the water! I'm beginning to get that sinking feeling that I make a mistake buying the 777 Professional instead of the Wilco 777...Scott

Go to the NAV/RAD page, you can then enter either the freq or even just the vor name. For example, put 117.9 for DEN or just DEN and it will resolve. you can even pre-stage freq's by entering them near the bottom, don't recall what the exact field is called though. Preset perhaps? I think best practice though is to just let them auto tune. Should'nt be a problem provided the FMC was programmed completely and correctly. As for Wilco vs PSS, if it's functionality you're after, stick with the PSS. If you're more of a visual type flyer, perhaps the Wilco would be a better choice but I can't comment too much on it as I have the PSS only.Jay EklundCAT VI Senior Captain KDENhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.png

Jay EKlund

UVA/GCVA Pile-it

Scott,Drop into the PSS Boeing forum. Although PSS do not provide formal support for Just Flight, most questions can be answered by a quick search. Otherwise there are plenty of experienced operators there who are ready to help.John Rooum

Thanks, John. I did look for a "Just Flights" or "777 Professional" forum, but missed the PSS Boeing forum! I'll repost this there. Thanks again!Scott

Thanks, Jay! I'll look into trying that. I do indeed like to look out of the cockpit once in a while (G)! though. I've also run into another problem with the 777 Pro involving the popup panels (which I'll go into more detial on the PSS Boeing Forum). Consequently, I've already put in an order to PC Aviator for the Wilco 777 (which I think, judging from the product photos, has a better looking VC than the 777 Pro)...Thanks, again for the help!Scott