Sign in to follow this  

Cant download since installing Internet Explorer v7

You are welcome! :-)It was just blind luck I think on my part. Still cannot understand why it just started up a couple weeks ago. Only thing I can think of, is some automatic update to the browser from MS caused a change in the security settings?Anyway, like you, I am just happy to enjoy the d/l's again.One interesting thing, I had not been able to get into the Avsim forums for more then a year, using IE6, no matter what I tried, change passwords, make sure cookies were set, security settings, etc. etc.Lo and behold, I see your post on problem d/l which also just popped up on my machine, also. So I thought, I would try to post again. It had been so long I had to look up my passwords and username. When I got in using IE7, I was amazed! Well, good luck! These computers can drive you crazy sometimes! :-lolRick

Hi Tom, I'm getting this problem, but it appears, only with the files from Andrea Arlotti. F104 repaints. Tried quite a few others and they all download OK, so pointless messing with settings. Any ideas ?Thanks, Russell.

I still appear to be able to download most any file I don't want, but still can't budge a single one of Andrea's, which start around page 195. Any idea why these won't shift Avsim. Do you keep them in the cellar ? Russell.

Hello Mark, after trying all the suggestions with no luck, I did say previously that my reasoning was that if I could download most files with no trouble, but not certain ones, then the problem appeared to be at your end, BUT I COULD BE WRONG. Well, I was wrong. I eventually uninstalled IE7, and the problem went away.Everything now downloads perfectly. Thanks for your time.Russell.

Glad it worked out...this topic is done....LOCKED