Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Helicopter advice needed

Hi,I have downloaded a fantastic EC135 from the file library, it's about 35MB, and comes complete.my problem is that after switching everything on, and starting it up, I just can't get it off the ground.the generators etc are all on, the engines is on, the rotor is going, and the rpm is fine, and it's in flight mode, not idle.but as soon as I increase the throttle, I see the rpm's drop, and it just makes the engine get less powerful.I'm not overloaded either.I just know I'm missing something, but can't see it.I have checked again to make sure everything is switched on.any help is much appreciated.Thanks.

Guest Adrian Wainer

only my best guessThat chopper might have FADEC Fully Automated Digital Engine Control if so, you you have to wait a short while after you load aircraft, for the FADEC to kick in, also if it using FADEC it can happen that if you have mis-start or a crash the FADEC does not properly reset itself for the next time. Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Hi Adrien,I don't think it's that, as I have tried loading it cold and dark, fully running, and even the default flight, then switching to it.I am just puzzled as to why I can't get it to lift off.but thank you for the suggestions all the same.

Nope, I just tried what you suggested, and no luck.This is bordering on silly, I might just dump it for this reason.

Hey Steve, Do you have a joystick with controls that set the prop? I use a saitek joystick but also still have my CH Products yoke that has these features. If the prop lever is in the down position, your engine is at low rpm and when trying to increase the collective, it will just shut down your rpms further, hence not going anywhere fast. You may want to look into this.

Make sure your 'Inverters' are switched on.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Excerpt from "readme" file on engine start-up:First is to allow the Helo rotor to rotate to a complete stop after you initially choose the EC135 from your aircraft file. Then follow below for a successful start-up:PRE-START CHECKBAT MSTR switch -- ON; CPDS internal test startsNOTE: Do not switch off CPDS during or after flight!OVERHEAD PANELCDS/WARN UNIT TEST -- WARN UNIT (all warning lights must come on)CDS/WARN UNIT TEST -- CPDS; Check display self testFuel XFER pumps switch (AFT and FWD) ON; Check caution (F PMP AFT/FWD) offFuel XFER pumps switch (AFT and FWD) OFFFuel PRIME pumps switch ON; Check caution onA-COLL light ONINSTUMENT PANELNOTE: Do not switch on FADEC before CPDS self test has been completed!FADEC switch 1 on, then 2 onSTARTING ENGINESRotor area Rotor StoppedENG MAIN switch IDLE; Monitor: N1 increase TOT increase Engine oil pressure increase N2 and NRO increaseWHEN IDLE (N2>70%, IDLE Caution off) has been reached:Both Fuel XFER pumps -- ONBoth Fuel PRIME pumps -- OFFAvionic Master -- ONAvionic -- CHECK ONWHEN NORMAL SYMBOLOGY APPEARS ON FCDS:Both ENG MAIN switch to -- FLIGHTlights -- on as requiredSteve (Bear) Cartwright

Guest wji

Hi Steve . . . hope this helpsit's my checklist for the Eurocpoter:Read (study) POH Manual for EC-135 to familiarize with terminology and panel sections.Set Simrate to 4XEC-135 EurocopterBattery Master ONOverHead (OH) A-COLL ON (lights)OH Fuel Punps ONCAD click selectBelow CAD FACED- ONEngine Switch- IdleOH XFER= ONOH FuelPumps OFFSWITCH TO FLIGHTP.S. I set simrate to 4x because some of these FS helos seem to take forever for changes to take effect.

Hi Guy's.Well, I wouldn't';t have looked until a question arouse about the prop assignments in FS was mentioned,I do indeed use the X52, and apparently FS decided to "reverse" the assignment for the prop pitch, which explained everything then.result, problem sorted, thanks again all for the help and suggestions, it's very much appreciated indeed.