Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Best FPS friendly EHAM?

I am looking for the best EHAM scenery that is frame rate friendly. I have the NL2000 one and it is a killer on FPS and the ILS are a bit problematic. I have tried the demo of the Cloud9 one and I only got 5-8 FPS.Is there anything elso out there that will result in better FPS? I don't mind if it's payware or freeware.My specs are: AMD Athlon 64 3.5 GHz1.00GB RAMNVidia 6800 GT graphics cardCheers.Andy S

>I have tried the demo of the Cloud9 one and I only got 5-8 FPS.>There's some serious fps to get back from this scenery if you ensure that the Amsterdam city .bgl is disabled. Looks nice but not really required imho.Gary

What would my FSP go up to if I did this do you think? I havn't bought the scenery but it looks really nice in the demo. If I could get better FPS I'd buy it.

Hi,Before I upgraded my CPU a month ago, I had about the same system as you have and also have Cloud9 EHAM installed.If you disable the Amsterdam scenery as already suggested and the dynamic/static scenery, you should be OK.It will at least double your frates (however your milleage may vary)Just tweak with the configurator and check the frates in FS.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>I have tried the demo of the>Cloud9 one and I only got 5-8 FPS.This is the fps I'm getting at EHAM, the screenshot were taken last year, when I had an AMD3500+ with a GeForce 7800 256MB, so a system not drastically different than yours.100% AIhttp://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/i...i_noweather.jpg40% AIhttp://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/i...i_noweather.jpg0% AIhttp://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/i...i_noweather.jpgAs you can see, the fps is directly related to AI setting. Cloud9 EHAM doesn't have any static planes, it's all AI.Which AI package are you using ? Becase it's not EHAM is slow, it's the AI that can land there (more than 200 parking slots) that can slow it down.If you have a complex AI package, I strongly suggest to either reduce your AI traffic settings, OR, to replace your AI models with fps friendly one, like those made by EvolveAI, Aiardwark, WorldofAI, etc. You'll get MUCH better quality models, AND high fps too, expecially at large airports.

>There's some serious fps to get back from this scenery if you ensure that the Amsterdam city .bgl is disabled.How do you do this then? Is there a .bgl called amsterdamcity that you just delete?Andy S

You'll need to do some shots from above showing the AI. If the AI isn't in shot then it's meaningless. Anyone can get 23+ fps with a shot like that, no clouds, no weather, no autogen, no objects in view....Slew up and pull back the zoom. Not having a go at you here, just a suggestion for a realistic measure.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU