Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Paved runways giving *bobbing* behaviour :-(

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello friends,I've noticed that a lot of paved runways in Austria, Greece, & Italy are showing wierd behaviour.For example if Im on the runway at Innsbruck (LOWI) the plane bobs up and down excessively and if I taxi at 8kts or more it gets really out of hand with the nose doing a proper headbanging routine with the shock absorbers going up and down like pistons :(Its like Im driving up and down on little hills!As soon as I get on a taxiway it stops and all is back to normal.http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/confused0059.gifCan someone please shed some light on this problem..and suggest a fix? Thank you!

Guest diamondSX

DearKevin,A little further down the forum i've posted a topic about the same problem.I will copy-paste you my topic here, i think we are talking about the same problem. Unfortunately i got only one reply wihich just said about heavy crosswinds, which is not the case. The Runway appears to be unpaved and the aircraft bounces up and down. If you try to take off in a 747, it will eventually crash before getting airborne. Try thr runway i tried in Berlin and tell me if you have the same problem. I will try Insbruck too. Let's hope we can solve it.Dimitris DiamantakosBelow follows my topic:>Hi,>I recently encountered this strange problem and i wonder if anyone >>can help:>Recently i did a real world flight to Berlin as a passenger and then >i wanted to try it in the sim. So i tried to do some practice off >line over there at Berlin Schoenefeld airport EDDB. While making the >take off run on Rwy25L/07R, the aircraft starts "bouncing" up and >down on the runway and eventually crashes above a certain >acceleration speed as if the runway is unpaved, or as if you try to >accelerate on an off-runway terrain surface. I tried it with the >small cesna too, which it did not crash because it gets airborne >sooner but it seems like you are running on unpaved, unprepared >runway surface. The other runway 25R/07L is ok.A>ny ideas?>Thanx in advance for your help>Dimitris Diamantakos - Athens Greece>Vatsim Member

Guest diamondSX

Ok Kevin , i just tried it in Insbruck.Have the same problem over there too.

Hi guys, This was posted in the UT forum concerning your issue:"Bumpy runways and taxiways can be due to an error in FS data which gives bituminus runways the same "bumpiness" as dirt runways. I don't think there's a way to correct this within Flight Simulator, but you could use the AFCAD editing program to change the runways to asphalt, which looks almost the same in FS. Not realistic perhaps, but neither are bumpy runways!"I have never tried it to see if it works or not - post back with the results. Hope it helps.Regards, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Catalyst driver - 6.12's6x EATM AA/16x HQ A/FDiamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530'sDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Hi: I've had this behaviour, although I don't fly in Europe, and found that it was caused by the UT_USA (plus the FSG landclass patch). It caused this bouncing/nose bobbing at Fly Tampa's KSEA, and was solved by moving the UT_USA, UT_CITY and FSG files down below the "Airial Photo" part of the "Settings" menu. This is the normal behaviour when taxying on grass, but somehow it gets "moved" and affects concrete, too. I hope this is what is causing it for you, because it will be an easy fix. There is a fixed post on the FT forum which gave me the clues and the eventual answer.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks guys for your input!Paul - thanks very much for your reply! Im gonna try that out, it looks like it will work. I use UT Europe so Im hoping that like your problem mine will be fixed as easily.Diamondsx hope you see this thread now mate :)