Sign in to follow this  
Guest breezer

Problems with halo lighting effects

Guest breezer

Hi,I operate FS2004 (FS9) and use three screens using the Matrox Triple Head To Go system.Having configured everything correctly the multiple screens are working well and I am very pleased with the overall effect - except that is for one thing. Using the multiple screens I now get huge halo lighting effects when flying at night. This affects taxiway, runway lights and VASI lights in particular. Since adding Ultimate Terrain Europe the other day it also seems to affect the sodium street lighting effect. This is ruining night flying as the effect is to turn taxiway lights into large blue bushes!I was advised that there are solutions within the AVSIM library and have identified two lighting improvements, one authored by Anthony Vos - 'Lights Environment' and one by Holger Busekros.I would be immensely grateful if someone could confirm if these are solutions that work and which, if either, is the best. Has anyone had the same problems when converting to using multiple screens and are there alternative solutions that work better?Thanks from a frustrated FS2004 night flyer.Cheers,Breezer.

Guest melevine

Hi Breezer,I've been using TH2Go since it had been released. I also use Ultimate Terrain, etc. The lighting problem you mentioned really bugged me at first until I found just the one halo.bmp that scaled down the offending lights that you mentioned (on runways AND with the 3D elevated highway lights that are in UT). I've tried many different offerings in the library and the only one that I really liked was "aht5" (by Brian Neitzel). He offers many different choices as far as color variation and size...so you need to try different ones in his collection and see which you like the best.You will be happy and your problem will be solved!R/Mike

Guest blaster331

Greetings Breezer,I had this exact problem last week.I posted it here as a yellow blob of city lights but got no response.I contacted Matrox support and a gentleman named Richard G emailed me a set of instuctions for properly installing the halo.bmp.Highly recommends aht5 choice 1 in small as Mike has described above. If you would email me and explain how to send it to you I would be happy to help.Best regardsAndrew

Guest PARADISE

Although I'm not the original poster, I want to thank you for the information. I logged on just to find out how to fix my halo effects and "bam" there it was on the first post. That's what I call service:) John M

Guest melevine

John,That is what makes this "hobby" enjoyable. There are lots of people out there willing to lend a hand.R/Mike