Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

SkySimulations MD11 SP1.

Just starting a thread for people to post thoughts on this latest update. After a couple of short test flights I'm finding improvements but I'm wondering what others think who've spent a little more time with it... :-)It's good to see this product getting the support and updates it needs from the developers.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

** Bump **

FS2020 

Hi Dillon,I have update #1 (not sure if others are available as well). My main beef is with the hunting of the auto-throttle when in cruise or descent. I also find it harder on the frame rates too than a lot of other FS9 stuff that I have (I have yet to try it in FSX).Bruce.

Guest robertsflight

Hi there,I have updated my instalation and noticed some improvements i.e. at MAX GW it can actually fly, but the flight dynamics are still a bit tricky.I am still confused about the auto throttle - if I set it to thrust is there a place where I need to set the N1 or similar value - or just set the speed - because it does not capture the speed very well. If I set it to pitch and engage the VS my throttles retard and plane flies into a stall... I have been trying to figure it out from the manual but the manual is mixed bag of real world and sim expalnations that don't seem to translate into the plane sometimes.Does anyone know how to set the trim at take off - I usually just guessestimate and if there is no warning voice it works, but it would be nice to have some precise numbers.And yes the plane seems to be heavy on FPS, even after reducing the textures on the outside, including wings. I have not done VC yet.Any thoughts from anyone?Robert

I've gone back to using the original 'edited' aircraft.cfg file for better performance on landing. I had a spin out in the air landing at KLAS with the updated file. I also notice the aircraft would pull to the right as if the weight wasn't distributed correctly within the aircraft. Using the original 'aircraft.cfg' resolves all of this (even though auto landings are still a problem)... I agree the updated model still has a problem with throttle hunting especially on approach. Framerate issues are a real problem. When flying over major cities for landing, scenery has a hard time coming into focus because of the performance problems found with this add-on.

FS2020 

"Does anyone know how to set the trim at take off"I usually set the trim to '2.3' for lighter loads and '3' for heavy payloads (fuel included). I never here the takeoff warning sound with these settings...

FS2020 

Hey Dillon,The one problem I have is the the Approach mode. I set everything up in the FMS and the approach stuff shows up in the EICAS. I get a localizer but never a glideslope bar at all. If I'm in the aprroach mode the plane will follow the localizer but then start climbling looking for the glideslope.What am I missing??

Thanks Dillon,I hardly ever fly automated landings, as I hate turning over the best part of the flight to the autopilot :), however I know that currency requirements force pilots to use the auto-land sometimes.Does either the original, or the edited-original, .cfg avoid the issues with the auto-throttle continually hunting? I imagine that my original .cfg file was overwritten by the patch, unless it made a backup first.Has anyone attempted to replace the .cfg with another MD-11 product, and get better results, I wonder? This flight modeling is truly the weak point of this group, either they don't know enough about flight to be able to model it, or they just can't get the programming of flight modeling to work. My experience is that this is something that we rarely see these days, do it can't be too hard to get right........Thanks for starting this thread,Bruce.

Go into the 2D panel and right click the 'NAV' button. There are two modes to choose from. One is for GPS and the other is for ILS... A tell tell sign to go by is to look for the red lettering that says 'IRS/NAV' on the ND screen when on approach. That's the right option for landing and/or capturing the localizer/glideslop...

FS2020 

>Does anyone have a link to this plane?Never mind I found it :) . I dont know why but when I saw this thread I thought you ment Overland's MD-11

>Go into the 2D panel and right click the 'NAV' button. There>are two modes to choose from. One is for GPS and the other is>for ILS... A tell tell sign to go by is to look for the red>lettering that says 'IRS/NAV' on the ND screen when on>approach. That's the right option for landing and/or>capturing the localizer/glideslop... Thanks Dillon,I had tried the right click via the manual, but there is an exact spot to click on that Nav button, and I was missing it.One last thing that I can't find in the manual, My EICAS 2 show weight in Kilograms while my FMS shows it in Lbs. How can I get that EICAS to show it in Lbs. also?Thanks for your help.

Hi Dillon,You seem to be the guy with a majority of the answers, and considering that SKYSIM isn't quick to answer...I'll ask you, ok?I've just bought and installed the MD-11 (and I believe it has the patch already in the install), and I took it up for the initial test flt. I ran into a bit of a stuff-up. My a/p wouldn't engage! For the life of me I can't figure out why. Along with this, my radios were frozen as well. I couldn't change the freqs.Any ideas where I've gone a-rye?Cheers,JimP.S. I've seen on other forums that there is a HUD available. Have you seen it? I havn't the fogiest where THAT might be (no mention in the manual)