Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

Red Roads and Rivers...

No it's not a FS tongue twister LOL....I recently did a complete XP and FS reinstall, then put back all my addons. It took under a day to get back GEPro, UT:USA, UT:EU and Voz.I installed VOZ first, UT, then GEPRo. Now I have Red streams and roads when I UnVoz and activate GEPro to fly in places like, say, Asia or Europe.I know something has gone amiss with a some texture files, does anyone have any expertise in roads and streams? I think the files have been mishandled and are not being put back when the mass copy happens when using the switchers.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Max, red rivers in places they shouldn't be sounds uncomfortably familiar; been there, done that.First: Voz replaces default textures that are used many places. If you installed something else (GEPro) that also replaces textures without "unVozing" first (and being sure that you were back to default textures) then it sounds like VOZ textures are what were saved as "default" because they were there when the other add-on was installed. I did that with VOZ and Bird's Eye View textures.My final fool-proof solution was to reinstall, make a copy of the whole thing onto a DVD (default install will fit on 1 disk) and then if I screw it up again, remove each app, and dump the original textures back into the 'live' install, and reinstall the apps so they can see/save the correct default textures. Time-consuming, of course, but it does reinforce the need for care. I've also learned to never, never, NEVER change anything when I'm tired or in a hurry - Just ain't worth it!If there's any chance that something was not restored correctly, then it would also be worth an extra short flight to insure that the environment does look like what you are expecting before switching to a new environment.No DVD? just keep a copy on the hdd somewhere out of the way - or at least all the scenery and textures... you can also copy them back directly from the CD's instead of reinstalling.Best of luck and hopefully it won't happen too often...Loyd

Loyd thanks yeah I think you're right.EDIT: I Un-GE'd back to theoretical default and then copied in a clean copy of the Texture and Scenery/World/Texture folders. I have them zipped for just this situation. It seems to have sorted it. Should have tried this first. Thanks anyway for your reply.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest neslesman

"I've also learned to never, never, NEVER change anything when I'm tired or in a hurry - Just ain't worth it!"So very very true. I also will add anything more than one drink of alcohol to that last.