Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

CYBW (Calgary Springbank) Uploaded...

Guest abent

It's in the "What's New" section.Thanks,Adam

It's excellent Adam. Hat's off to you and the guys for a job well done.

Guest abent

Hey Al,Thanks buddy! 423 downloads already and not yet on the front page. :7Adam

Great job as usual, Adam & CanUk crew. Brings back good memories of flying into that airport (in the summer, of course!):D

John G.

Guest abent

Hey, thanks Pitts! Have you checked it out in summertime in FS?Cheers,Adam

Very nice..Thank you.I need to add more traffic here... using my AI Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest abent

Thanks guys. Glad you're enjoying the airport.Adam

Fantastic airport, thanks very much to the CanUK team for their hard work!I have one minor question though: Is runway 25 ever used? Last night there was a 20 knot wind from 239, but tower insisted I use 16. It was actually quite fun landing my Do27 sideways like that, but I wondered if they were just being sadists or they had a good reason... ;)

Absolutely superb job complete with blowing snow as I landed my Robinson. Thanks for providing this to us.Have a small question about a large object appearing .......is the object showing in my attached picture the world's longest ice cube?Gary

Guest abent

Hey, you makin' funna my 'ice cube'? :( LOL. That's 'supposed' to be a hedge. I was thinking about axing it. It does look pretty lame. LOL.Teeps, I'll look into that. You should get assigned the proper runway. If you remove the scenery and load up the same flight, do you get the rwy assigned by wind direction? Thanks a lot for the comments gents!Adam

Hi Adam,I played around a little with wind direction and things, and in the CanUK version I can't get cleared to anything except 16/33 (and 16 seems favoured over 33 here), even with a 16kt wind straight down the other runway. When I deactivated it and tried with the default scenery it did assign me 25 correctly, just looked awful! ;)Also, another minor thing I noticed:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/168226.jpgLooks like the some student pilot is a bit iffy on parking, or has taken a real fancy to my Cessna!Again though, great scenery, and your work is much appreciated :)

Guest abent

Hi Teeps,It seems we have a few AFCAD issues. I will have a look at that this week and try to sort out the problems. The one in the pic is easy to explain - The taxi nodes are not lined up with the custom taxilines. I didn't have any AI to speak of when I was doing the AFCAD, so that's how that got overlooked. I spaced the lines out farther but didn't move the nodes accordingly.I think the wind direction problem may be that some of the taxiways or even a runway may be assigned as an apron route in AFCAD. We reduce the size of the runways and taxiways so they will tuck under the custom ground polys.I'll see what I can do. I should be able to fix it and do an update/upload.Thanks,Adam