Sign in to follow this  
dornier

HELP with blurry cockpits and new X1950 XT and ATI based motherboard!

Hi Everyone,I just upgraded to a Sapphire X1950 XT and Abit AT8 32X motherboard with an Athlon X2 4600+. My system also has 2gb DDR400 and a Creative Labs X-FI soundcard. My problem? First I was having bad shimmering / flickering problems. Then I fixed that, but now all of the cockpits are blurry, but the scenery looks clear. I've tried everything that I could think of, but I'm stumped! I have tried latest drivers from ATI (7.2), Direct X 9.0c, and XP SP2 with latest drivers and updates. I'm also running a MAG 19" monitor at 1280X1024 32 bit and 60hz.My previous motherboard was an Nvidia Nforce 3 based motherboard with an ATI X800 AGP based card and the same X2 4600+. Flight Simulator 9 ran great! I had no problems and it was smooth with no flickering / shimmering issues. Before I sold off my X800, I tried an AGP based X1950 pro and it worked great. This new X1950 XT and ATI based motherboard hasn't been great with FS9. Any ideas?Thanks!GP

Hi GP: Can't do anything for you 'till I get home from work tonight: I'll post some specs from my beast that might help: I have no issues with this card, other than the stability of the driver.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

HI GP: I see no other suggestions since your post (I didn't get back to it last night - sorry), but you may have already checked this: it's the only thing I can think of: have a look at your "Settings -> Display -> Aircraft -> Virtual cockpit gauge quality" setting. It should be full right. If this doesn't fix it you will need to post a bit more info - what you've tried - some of your config, some screenshots, etc., I think.Regards,

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I had blurry panel textures with my X850XT. Then somehow I deactivated Adaptive Anti-Aliasing with ATITool and it fixed the problem. Not sure if this will help you, but go ahead and give it a shot. You can also force you're card to alias the alpha textures, which will make your trees look a lot better and reduce flickering. check it out here...http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33821061

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!