Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTEK99

Lordy, it's here: Holger's Glacier Bay v2!

Guest JTEK99

Hot off the presses and destined to slow AVSIM's file library to a crawl. :)Absolutely fantastic stuff. For the search-challenged:Part 1: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...scen&DLID=99082Part 2: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...scen&DLID=99083Be sure and thank Holger for this stuff. Great compatibility with existing addons and an easy-to-use installer/configurator. The guy's a master.

Guest Captain Behrentzs

Downloading now, can't wait to try it out :(---------------------------------------Kasper BehrentzsDenmarkMY SITE, http://www.xflightx.piczo.com

Guest neslesman

This is gonna be good!Thanks in advance to the development crew.

Guest wji

Thanks for the headsup and the links

I haven't installed it yet but just finished reading the manual. Quite detailed. Placed a lot of good information in there for the simmer. You can tell Holger is a pro when it comes to such stuff.Looking forward to getting my feet covered in snow!ClutchProject 9 Dragons

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest tango papa

It's one thing to create a highly detailed and accurate airport, but Holger takes thousands of acres and sprinkles his wizardly magic over all of it, to create a totally new atmosphere. Just a ton of thanks for all the work and effort to Holger and team. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest dpc

It is really great work. I've been flying around now for about 3 hours. Very nice indeed!!

You guys beat me to the post about Holger's latest gift to us all. Onc word of advice to anyone who has not yet used any of his sceneries. Follow his pre installation instructions to the letter. it's easy enough and precise. Then let the rest of the auto install take care of itself. For those of you who hate exe file installs, holger gives you the option of picking a directory outside of the fs environment. otherwise it defaults to a folder in fs9addon. I've spent the last hour or so, when I should have gone to bed, doing some exploring. well worth the time. and, holger, if you and your team are reading this....thanks again for a job well done and a great contribtuion to our hobby!Sherm

Wow! This looks like a Five-Star scenery package.Thanks for the great flight enhancements. :-beerchug There's no flying like buch flying.

Thanks to Holger and the team. It's gestures like this that sell the rest, of what you do so superbly.We are all in awe at your expertise.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks here for the 'heads up' as well. I'm downloading it right now...Looks to be great stuff, and indeed, Holger is one of the best, and awful gracious to provide this to the community.Just so happens that I am 'parked' in Alaska right now, doing my yearly Alaskan tour. Looks like that tour could get expanded ;)

Guest blaster331

Thanks for the heads up! Can this scenery be used with GE pro FSG and UT Alaska? Thanks for the great scenery HolgerBest regardsAndrew

Hi Andrew,from the file info: "Glacier Bay v2 is fully compatible with other third-party add-ons, including terrain mesh (FSGlobal, FS Genesis, etc.), ground textures (Ground Environment, BEV, FScene, etc.), and landscape enhancements (Ultimate Terrain Canada/Alaska, Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords, Freight Dogs)."Cheers, Holger

Guest ShawnG1

edit : Holger beat me to it!! It is seamless with UT alaska, It overrides your ground environment stuff in the coverage area, but it's unlikely that you'll miss it, since it has great textures of its own. you can't to the best of my knowledge use the weather dependent textures in GB, though. the coverage area has its own 38m mesh as well, there are instructions in the manual about how to place the scenery entries for FSG so it doesn't conflict.I have all three as well, and it works perfectly for me!!